Mapsource problem update

After much tinkering, I found out that Mapsource might not have a bug. However, problem still not solved...

In case you have no idea what im talking about, I had a problem with the "Find Nearest Places" feature (the binoculars with red crosshairs button). It looked as though the program froze up everytime I used it, but I found out that its the window actually opening up completely off of my desktop! I can't even see the window, but its open somewhere. If I hit alt+f4, the window closes and mapsource works fine.

So the question now is, where is the window?! I've tried hooking up a separate monitor and running an extended desktop on it to see if maybe I dragged it off the screen for some reason. Still no window though.

This is bizarre and I can't figure out what to do next. I've already reinstalled the program several times along with deleting the registry keys left over by it.

icon_confused.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

Garmin Vista

Using Opera 7.1

I've been working with the same "Find Nearest Places" feature (the binoculars with red crosshairs button). Everything works fine for me, the only thing I see is some places are listed twice. Like Two Burger kings in the same place. This isn't everywhere but in some areas. Good luck and keep working on it, my list opens on the left of the map area.

Change your screen size to show the maximum area then click the "find near" button. Maybe, if you're lucky, the window will show up and you can move it to the center.

Garmin eTrex Vista, Legend, and GPSmap 162 with Bluecharts/Fishing Hotspots/POI/Road & Rec

Ducks - flying geocaches of meat