E-Trex Venture users, a question....

I love my E-Trex Venture... almost as much as I love my dog! It is light years ahead of the E-Trex Yellow I started with. Still, it does have some annoying quirks. This is one of them.

When navigating to a cache using the GOTO function, and looking at the MAP PAGE, there is a heavy black line showing either BEARING or COURSE. This line is the annoying part. It is thick, and can cover up other details. You can select the BEARING line, or the COURSE line. Is there a way to turn it off?

I E-mailed GARMIN with the question. The answer I received was amusing, but not helpful. Simply put, don't use the GOTO function. Well, that works, but then there is no pointer on the NAVIGATION PAGE compass dial. You just can't win.

Knowing that there is a lot of experience out there, has anyone else run into this and found a way around it? Or am I tho only user who wishes to turn it off?

Thanks. in advance.

Mike. KD9KC

El Paso, TX.

i havent had this problem either, of course, being a legendary gunman, i use a legend. it only seems proper. one other thing you may try is zooming in. i know if i dont then the line could obscure some things, like, my home town. see how far in you can zoom and if that helps.