WANTED! GPS WITH BIG SCREEN!

GPS manufactures, are you here listening? Mind you, I dont have real bad sight, but I would like to have a bigger screen on my future GPS. Don't need to make the unit any larger, just make the screen BIGGER! Maybe a remote screen that you can plug in(color would be nice) that We can velcro to our dash? I would be willing to pay $$ for a option like this. Any other people think the screen on there $500 GPS is to small? Thanks hope this gets seen by someone who can make a dif. Zig

Beter to Zig then Zag!

What is sad is that there are "big" GPSr's out there, but they have small screens...ala the Magellan Meridian line...those things are huge!

So far as connecting to laptops, that's what I do right now. Plenty big screen that way.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

I have been a long time user of a laptop (and a Delorme Eathmate GPS) for several years. I did enjoy the large screen but recently got my Garmin Vista GPS.

Yes, the screen is much smaller. However, the Vista's LCD screen can be seen much better in bright sunshine.

One of the reasons for deciding to not use the laptop much anymore is two fold. First, the laptop is much larger and can be in the way in our Honda Civic EX. Second, we usually used the laptop (and GPS) in my Ford F-150 truck when on camping vacations.

I had a stand for the laptop similar to what is used in Police cars. It was great (except for the bright sunshine issue). When I got my new F-150, it has an air bag on the passenger side. I feel the laptop could pose a saftey risk to my sunshine (wife) should the air bag deploy in an accident.

I do like the idea of a 5 or 6 inch (color) screen that I could attach at will. It is a sweet idea.

The best things in life are not things...

[This message was edited by Ride Bent on May 01, 2002 at 06:51 AM.]

I have my G3+ connected to a laptop (mounted with a Ram Mount) with Natl. Geo TOPO! and live track with it while offroading...not to practical for geocaching but for getting close to backroad caches its great

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." Yogi Berra

jeepsmiliedesertcamo.gif

JeepNAz@aol.com