iQue 3600 used on three geocaches so far - Great!

nscaler

I have used the iQue three times so far and it works acceptably. Hey, what other unit could you:

• 1 Full 65k color GPS screen on a handheld.

• 2 Listen to mp3s while geocaching - same unit.

• 3 Enter your electronic log for easy downloading later - same unit.

• 4 Find a multitude of nearby eateries when finished and be routed there - by voice - same unit.

Such a Deal!

nscaler

"Anyone not here, raise your hand!".

I don't do 2 to 3 hour geocaches. And you can let the unit "sleep" while walking. It is still running - no screen. Walk a bit and push the "que" button - theres your info.

About the dropping part. Just like the emap user, you just gotta be more carefull. And someone will make a good case for it soon. I have a Palm m505 that has a pretty tough aluminum case. The case takes the damage.

Read the pdastreet forums about the hiker who hiked 90 min. and only used 16 percent of his battery.

nscaler

"Anyone not here, raise your hand!".

Seems like a great unit to have while driving. My Vista's screen is pretty small plus you get auto routing with the ique. I'm saving up now.

Of course you don't want the thing to go dead while caching and get lost. So carry extra batteries or better yet, your original GPS.

Alan

I've been using the iQue for a couple of weeks now and it's much better than the GPS V for Auto use. It was only $469 at GPSCity.com. I like the voice navigation that I use through my cars stero speakers with an FM transmitter plugged into the audio out.

I still use my eTrex for Geocaching though because I like the pointer screen on it. I have topo loaded onto the eTrex so I grab that because it's smaller and with a belt case I can clip it onto my Camelbak.

Even with an aluminum case, I wouldn't take the iQue hiking. Everything gets banged up and that's all I need is a cracked screen because I tripped on a rock. I'd rather bang up my $130 eTrex and use the iQue for work and driving.

I do like however that you can load topo, street information simultaneously and switch between the two seamlessly.

And the complaints about the battery life seem to be coming from people that don't even own the darn thing icon_rolleyes.gif . With the backlight off or on the first level, using the sleep function my iQue lasts me a couple of days worth of use before recharging. I think the 2-3 hour life is when you keep the screen on at full brightness using GPS.