Etrex Projecting Waypoints

When projecting a waypoint on an etrex yellow, is there a way to project it less than the 0.1 miles? I'd like to project it to the nearest foot, but I don't know if it's possible. I checked the manual and it's not very helpful.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

kc

row, row, row your boat

Don't know with the yellow, but with my Vista, you can set it to metric, and you can then project to nearest 10 meters (0.01 km).

Or pan the map to the point (at largest zoom level panning has a resolution of 0.2-0.3 meters, which is about a foot) and set a waypoint on the map page. This can only be done using the distance given from where you are, though. It's still possible to turn GPS reception off, set your position arbitrarily and then go from there.

Somebody else may know how much of this that is possible with the yellow unit.

Anders

With my Legend I just input coordinates for one that you have go 273ft from the coordinates given. I did some math figuring that .10 is just over 500 ft. Using this I input .05 for the distance. I don't know if this will work on the yellow but I hope it does.

"If you mess with a Porcupine you might just get the quills. LOL I just had to say that"

Quills is right, it's 528 feet - 1/10th of a mile. .01 is ~53 feet.

When looking at your decimal minutes, one thousandth of a minute is a really rough 6 feet. Since the Civilian model GPSr's accuracy is on average 3 meters, it's tougher using that measurement.

My lovely wife and I learned our pace and measured it specifically for this type of instance (projection).

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)