Meridian GPS not keeping waypoints

For two days now, my new Meridian GPS has lost waypoints that have been in the user database. There is no SD card installed. Earlier today, I had a "home" waypoint saved as well as one for a cache that I was going to try to find tomorrow. Tonight I turned on the unit and there was no sign of them. I installed the latest firmware day before yesterday. What could be the problem???

quote:
For two days now, my new Meridian GPS has lost waypoints that have been in the user database. There is no SD card installed. Earlier today, I had a "home" waypoint saved as well as one for a cache that I was going to try to find tomorrow. Tonight I turned on the unit and there was no sign of them. I installed the latest firmware day before yesterday.

Did this happen before you upgraded to the latest firmware? Did you plug it into a computer between the time they were there and missing (did some computer app wipe them?)?

Either way... Try:

Menu -> Setup -> Clear Memory -> All

and

Menu -> Setup -> Clear Memory -> Reset Default

I guess mention of turning off the unit before removing the batteries might be worth a shot also.

I've done just about everything imaginable to both of my Meridians, and I've never seen them lose waypoints..

alex

I have the Miridgreen too and I have the same problem as Ozarktroutbum after I save a WP and The batteries die before I get to shut it down I loose all the WPs that I previously put in. I've gotten into a habbit of after I set some WPs into the GPSr I give it a reboot. (shut it down and turn it back on) I haven't lost any WPs since.

I was out trying to place a cache today and the same thing happened. The waypoints that I had stored in the user database vanished.

I had obtained a good WAAS position and saved the waypoint, went back to a nearby picnic table to change the name and icon. Even went to the trouble of powering down and back up so that the data would be saved to nonvolatile memory.

New unit. Latest firmware (4.02?). New batteries.

My theory is that this particular Meridian GPS has a bad chip and back it goes for exchange.

I played around with the unit before this latest failure and was pretty impressed by it's accuracy, so I hope this was an isolated case.