Quakemap/Garmin eTrex Legend question

QuakeMap reads .GPX and .LOC files from your hard drive (including Pocket Queries) - with all waypoints, caches, tracks and routes that are normally contained there. It shows them on the aerial/topo map - zooming in up to 1 ft/pixel.

It will load track logs and waypoints from your GPS, you can view them on the map and save in .GPX file(s).

You can selectively load (export) routes and waypoints/caches to your Garmin or Magellan GPS (using GPS menu), caches will appear as waypoints with appropriate icons (the "found" ones will be different, if using Pocket Queries or if marked manually in QuakeMap).

I am not using MapSource much (MapSend is Magellan's product), I don't know if it handles .GPX or .LOC files directly (without converting them through, say, GPSBabel). It does not display aerial/topo maps, just street-level maps.

There is a downloadable manual on the quakemap.com site (Support section), has some more info.

I hope this helps.

http://www.quakemap.com - redefining Easy...