Magellan Meridian Personalization

Mr. 0

I just received a Magellan Meridian basic (well, it just got delivered at home and I'm stuck at work until 8p...arrrggg) and I was wondering what the consensus was on personalizing the meridians, and updating the icons. I saw that there were some that tried it and it didn't work, but someone with the Platinum had success. Is there anymore info on this, or is it only possible to add "geocache" icons to the platinum??

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

I don't know if there is a consensus, but I'll give you my opinion/perspective icon_biggrin.gif

The MyMeridian applet worked well personalizing my Meriplat with the 3.12 firmware, I just had to do it about a half dozen times to get the layout just right.

I am a little confused about using it with the 4.02 firmware, however. The earliest reports I saw indicated that MyMeridian would not work with the 4.02. Then I saw that one or two people claimed it worked for them using 4.02. I tried it, but found I had reinstalled the 3.12 firmware! The applet personalizes the firmware and then uploads it, and I had neglected to delete the 3.12 with the 4.02 in the folder where MyMeridian resided.

I reinstalled 4.02 and decided to wait awhile until I heard more reports of success or failure--I liked the new firmware features more than I cared about the personalization. Perhaps this thread will pull some of those reports in. I may go ahead and try again, though, since it seemed the firmware installed properly all times.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I think the personalization is not limited to the plat. You should be able to tell in the readme files.

MyMerdian is at:

http://www.navicache.com/freeware/

(Latest version seems to be the alpha 5b)

Don't get even - get odd

[This message was edited by embra on January 06, 2003 at 06:20 PM.]

With firmware 4.02 the MyMeridian works, but the text message screen "Press enter to power down ......" if you have choosen "on/off protection" for the Power key is not displayed properly. Otherwise it seems to do no harm.

I sent this mail to George Chung some days before, until now did not get an answer.

"I used your MyMeridien for my Plat ind its working w/o problems under 3.08 and 3.12.

When using it with 4.02 the message of the text screen sreen "Press enter to power down ......" if you have choosen "on/off protection" for the Power key is not displayes correct. Otherwise it seems to do no harm.

I have two questions:

1) is this the only problem between MyMeridian and V 4.02?

2) do you plan an update/correction for this?"

ED

I successfully utilized the Mymeridian program.I use a separate folder for each firmware update, and remember to change the line in the MyMeridian.ini file to reflect the correct name of the firmware file you are modifying.

This is the line of code you are looking for:

FactoryFilename=D:"path of file"mgold402.hex

I can read all screens fine, including the “press enter to power off....” screen with power button protection on.

You shouldnt have to delete that last third section - the "press enter to agree" section.

What you can do is to go into the MyMeridian.ini and when you update the firmware file name, drop down a few lines, and you will see three lines that start with ENGLISH=

In the middleline, it says "= All data is provided for".

Edit this line to read "= All data" ,

And this will increase the text characters in the middle section from 8 to 87.

This change only needs to be done for the Meridian GREEN/Yellow, NOT the gold or plat.

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/