Garmin V where did you purchase it?

DrJill

I am ready to purchase my 1st GPS. I have found a V deluxe online at GPS Map Store for 409.00 free shipping. Does anyone know anything about this online store?

Where did you purchase your Garmin V?

Think is it better to buy retail for service or online for price?

Thanks to all who respond.

I have been comparing and price searching for the same unit. I'm not sure if this is the same place you're talking about, but try this link

http://www.thegpsstore.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/site/ga5DLX.htm?L+thegpsstore+ollg6381+1036794876

I can't give you any info on this store except they were very nice when I talked to them on the phone. Be careful that you are getting the deluxe package for that price with all of the unlock codes. Some places do not include all of the accessories at that price.

I got lucky and met RangerRick in the forum. He offered to sell me a like new GPSV for $280. It came with the city select software and a copy of the MetroGuide USA plus all accessories. I only have partial unlock codes for the City Select but I have unlimited access to MetroGuide USA. I would like to have all of the codes for City Select if anybody could help me out.

I just got the unit UPS yesterday so I have a lot to learn about it. I have been on a couple of trips out of town and it did pretty well. I think most problems I encountered were user error! I'll be at the fire station tomorrow, I hope I'll have some time to play with it. The only thing that worries me is loosing sats. I have only been on the road and it has done excellent there, but coming down my driveway I have heavy tree coverage over the road. It has flashed a couple of times saying it lost sat coverage. I'm looking forward to getting in the woods to see what it'll do there.

Back to your question, several people suggested REI (?) I think that was it. They said great service and easy exchange. I got lucky finding someone who was honest. It was hard for me to send that money order to someone I never met.

Good luck on getting your unit, I think you will like it.

Firetrkdriver icon_cool.gif