Sportrak vs Sportrak Map

BML

Finally, ready to buy...and then..one last doubt. I would buy the basic Sportrak model to be used in conjunction with a map and waypoints (provided by Topozone) entered manually into the GPS and identified on the map. That way I could always figure out my location, and hiking solo more often than not, decide whether it is wise to continue on to the next waypoint or not. Usually, uncertain as to where I am, I tend to push myself (da%^$^%@, I thought I was closer...). The GPS would help in determining my location and help in making a ...'wiser' decision about moving on.

I thought I could save these waypoints to my PC but now I notice the basic model does not come with a PC cord.

Question #1: With little room for downloaded anything...do I really need a PC cord?

Question #2: Topozone can help me figure out UTM'S for US locations. Are there any canadians on this iste that would know how to get UTM'S for canadian locations?

Thanks

Bernard

You really should consider the entry level meridian. I got mine for $99 and I was using a Sportrak Pro. So far performance is exactly the same and they have all the exact same features. The only differences are the sportrak's are a little lighter and smaller, but thats about it. I know when comparing the sportrak map and the meridian yellow. The Sportrak is smaller, but not by much. Meridian has a larger screen and is upgradeable to up to 128mb of memory when you need it. Other than that they are exactly the same. I got Mapsend Topo, 32mb sd card, sd reader/writer, and the meridian yellow all for less than the sportrak entry level model goes for.

Nathan & Anne