ELP I'am lost and i don't have a GPS

Guest K2

I'am new to geocaching,I have been reading all the posts but I can't decide on what GPS to buy.I have $300.00 to spend.I would like to hide caches also.I like the maps on the eTrex legend but not sure about the internal antenna.Is WAAS going to be worth the extra money?HELP!!!thanks for your help.;-)

Guest HomeChicken

Get something that has the ability to download maps. I have the Legend and would say do the Vista, the extra memory for maps is great. But i'm very happy with my Legend and took it on a hike in the sierras and didn't have much problem with locs. you can't beat the size. My opinion :)

------------------

Bought a eTrex Legend on 7/24/01

I was part of or placed these Caches

Sun rising over Mt.Rubidoux 3/3

Urban Jungle 3/3

Rising sun over Chicken Coop 5/5

Disneyland Geocaching 1/1

Can You C What I C? 2/3.5

Need to rate your own Cache?

Geocache Rating System

once again i'm with home chicken, get as much gps as money will allow, if you got the extra 50 bucks buy the vista, i love mine,altho i think the new magellon units might be even better than the vista

havent checked them out in my hands yet.....i know mags have a better antenae

------------------

"Well.... if theres a bright center to the universe, you are on the planet that is farthest from." (Luke Skywalker, Star Wars)

I would go with Magellans m330 it has all the features you would need. It seems to be a very popular unit with geocachers. It's very durable as well. I've had mine for about a year and it works great! I got it online for about $250.