Easy Question: Mapsend filename on your hard drive?

Story: Last summer I bought a 330x and installed Mapsend Streets on my computer.

Returned the 330x last fall....

Just bought a 330x on Ebay w/out CD , and was sure I still had Mapsend on my computer.

Last month I found the program and was playing around with it, so I know it's there somewhere!

But now I can't find.....I just need to know the filename.

Thanks in advance

lee_ramar:

No offense: If you didn't have my answer you shouldn't have posted. icon_wink.gif But I guess it makes you feel good to "criticize" me?!? icon_rolleyes.gif

I also used to use Napster and now Morpheus and Kazaa. Does that make me a bad person? And you a better person? I also drive a little over the speed limit! OH MY GOD! icon_rolleyes.gif

I feel like giving you a quarter or something for the 30 seconds of your life you wasted writing that useless comment.......

Have a nice day! icon_cool.gif

lee_ramar:

No offense: If you didn't have my answer you shouldn't have posted. icon_wink.gif But I guess it makes you feel good to "criticize" me?!? icon_rolleyes.gif

I also used to use Napster and now Morpheus and Kazaa. Does that make me a bad person? And you a better person? I also drive a little over the speed limit! OH MY GOD! icon_rolleyes.gif

I feel like giving you a quarter or something for the 30 seconds of your life you wasted writing that useless comment.......

Have a nice day! icon_cool.gif

You suggest if I wasn't answering the specific question you asked, I shouldn't reply at all?

Nonsense -- some of the best discussions in these forums are off topic. My reply only strayed slightly from your query; asking if what you wanted to do was a good idea, rather than telling you how to do it.

I could have made some usable suggestions to recover your copy of Mapsend. Would that have made you happier?

NOTE: Some of these might leave you on questionable ethical grounds. In no particular order:

1) You could go to a store with a liberal return policy, buy another Map330x, lift the software out, then return the GPS for a refund. Whether you try to just steal (er, "remove") the CD or just install/copy it depends on what you feel the store will let you get away with. But it worked for you once, and it could work again!

2) You could ask in this forum or others if anyone has this software and a CD burner, if they would make a copy and mail it to you ...

2a) ... or, since you're experienced with Napster/Morpheus/Kazaa/et al, maybe get someone to file-share it with you. Got DSL? Cable modem?

3) The 330X is a bundle that's supposed to include the software. If your eBay seller left it out, you might check with them to see if you could have it, or a copy. If they send you the original CD, it's not your worry if they kept a copy. If they send you a copy, the ethical questions is entirely up to you.

4) You could look on eBay to BUY a copy. There's one on auction now that you could buy for $45 including delivery, see item #1358286430. Better bargains do show up sometimes, but around $40 plus shipping does seem to be the street price.

5) You could buy a retail copy from numerous sources.

There was another question in your last note: "Does that make me a bad person?" I can't make a sweeping judgment of your ENTIRE character. You might be a wonderful human being in every other way, but a thief is a thief.

And yet another question, you asked if I thought I was a better person than you: Well, I do tend to drive over the speed limit, and write rambling off-topic forum replies -- but at least I'm not a thief.