Calling all Northern cachers

Guest Monz

We is aiming to have a get together... can anyone who is interested please post up a LAT/LONG of a landmark close (within a mile or two)to yourselves so we can try to get a venue that is central to all.

Lets have plenty of response and we'll have a good one!

Guest Moss Trooper

Angel of the North

N 54° 54.882 W 001° 35.5468

Prolly do for Northumbrian also.. and hope Northern cachers includes those north of border..

Moss the Boss..

And the Old Barn Inn is just across the road, although I notice with some disgust that the establishment is now called the "Angel View" or something, quite incredible really because I didn't think you could see the Angel from the pub.....

Well if there are any Scottish cachers out there who want to join us then that makes Newcastle or Carlisle (or indeed the Centre of Britain - Haltwhistle) the ideal place for allcomers cool.gif

Stop being so Anglocentric Monz.... or Moss'll put his kilt on and I really don't think the world is ready for that eek.gif

[This message has been edited by JasonW (edited 27 November 2001).]

So you suggest that if there are one or two Scottish cachers (no offence intended) then possibly a dozen of us should drive 120 miles further north... I dont think thats fair... do you?

Remember there are a few northern cachers that live well south of me... for them its 200 miles or so

Lets all drive a bit instead of trying to wangle things so its held on our doorsteps eh?

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 27 November 2001).]

Guest Kimrobin

N 53° 44.474 W 001° 40.464 is the closet cache for us.

I would have thought somewhere like York might be the best place. Good train access if nothing else.

Alex & Kim

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Monz:

The nearest Cache, at present, is Football Stars. That's at;

N53 18.319 W001 12.763

There will be a closer one, I hope, when/if my first cache is approved. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Monz:

The nearest Cache, at present, is Football Stars. That's at;

N53 18.319 W001 12.763

There will be a closer one, I hope, when/if my first cache is approved. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest GeoTrooper

We are located close to Chesterfield with

our nearest cache being the Football Stars. located at : -

N53 18.319 W001 12.763

Sheffield, York, Leeds are handy for us !!!

Cheers

'GeoTroopers'

Guest Moss Trooper

Well any where will do me.. long as it's North of the Watford Dyke.

Opp's did I say that.. sowwy.. well if yer live South of Watford Dyke.. yer still welcome an promise I won't wear me kilt JASON!!!

Thats for US true Celts.. icon_biggrin.gif

Moss de Boss. 2nd Generation English 9th Generation Scot.. But brit through an through... sorta icon_smile.gif

PS

Haltwhistle is good.. so is Hexham, Edinburgh, York, Sheffield, Glasgow, Carlisle, Huddersfield, Doncaster, basically anywhere with a pub.. preferably with a late licence.. now then.. Hotel with bar.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm long as client in bar.. an I aint never fallen offa floor.

Am I ramblin.. must be the coffee.. icon_smile.gif

Guest Moss Trooper

Well any where will do me.. long as it's North of the Watford Dyke.

Opp's did I say that.. sowwy.. well if yer live South of Watford Dyke.. yer still welcome an promise I won't wear me kilt JASON!!!

Thats for US true Celts.. icon_biggrin.gif

Moss de Boss. 2nd Generation English 9th Generation Scot.. But brit through an through... sorta icon_smile.gif

PS

Haltwhistle is good.. so is Hexham, Edinburgh, York, Sheffield, Glasgow, Carlisle, Huddersfield, Doncaster, basically anywhere with a pub.. preferably with a late licence.. now then.. Hotel with bar.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm long as client in bar.. an I aint never fallen offa floor.

Am I ramblin.. must be the coffee.. icon_smile.gif

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

basically anywhere with a pub.. preferably with a late licence..

Better not make it the Camelot, in Cornwall, then. The landlord is turning it into an alcohol free pub!

Mind you, cornwall is probably a bit too far south for a Northern meeting tongue.gif

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

OK then people... how about York as a first suggestion... seems pretty much half way between the normal folk and those weird ones in the north east tongue.gif

I know it is a bit of a treck fro those nearer to the west coast... please let me know your thoughts

PS... I work in York so it could make it easier to organise block booking of rooms or a suitable venue... (before you say owt, I have commute 120 miles a day to York and back so it aint on my doorstep either)

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 28 November 2001).]

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

Gotta think about a date also.. 8th Dec is out for me otherwise pretty much any time.

Moss de boss. sorta

Not a chance for me, any time before Christmas.

alex.

Guess I'm one of the furthest West (unless you count Wales - no I'm not a stirrer) at N53 27.145 W2 46.57. But I'd be quite happy to come to York if a suitable time can be found.

------------------

John Stead

OK... York sounds like the place. So, when is going to be the date???

Before or After Chri$tma$$

Personally I think post festive period would be more sensible... what are your thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by Scottworld:

Did this ever happen ?

Just out of interest ...

Everyone seemed to agree on the end of Jan... Do you use a different calendar to us then?

OK if this is going to happen I would like an idea of how many bods are coming so we can pick a suitable venue...

So, if you are gonna show up... speak up icon_smile.gif

OK if this is going to happen I would like an idea of how many bods are coming so we can pick a suitable venue...

So, if you are gonna show up... speak up icon_smile.gif

Guest lathama

i realise you have been through this already but, if the date was Feb 2nd i will be there (just found out) unless the football game is not frozen off. I would arrive around 11/12am and then leave for the game around 1:30/2pm.

Guest jstead

Yes please - lunch on February 2nd would be fine by me, weather permitting, or the weekend either side. Would prefer lunch to overnight but would fall in with that if others wish it.

------------------

John Stead

Guest Fellman

If this meet you are organising falls on Sat 2nd Feb myself,and she who must be obeyed at all times,would like to attend. Only thing is the venue can't be too obscure,as we don't know York

The Fellmen

------------------

OK Saturday 2nd Feb it is...

If People want to have lunch we have a wonderful eating house called the Masons Arms...(N53 57.257 W1 04.642) the food is great and very reasonably priced but the portions are not for the feint hearted (grin)

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 09 January 2002).]

Guest lathama

thats great thanks guys! just to ask - how close is it to the train station/football ground???? just to ask so i can plan trains and time to walk to ground.

Guest Moss Trooper

OK Peeps..

Final rundown

York

Masons Arms

N53 57.257 W1 04.642

11:30 - 12

Hope to see as many of yer there as possible.. Lets have a ball.. or is it a GPS!!!

Lockin the thread now on request of Monz.. So blame hime.. icon_biggrin.gif

Moss de boss.. sorta

Guest Moss Trooper

OK Peeps..

Final rundown

York

Masons Arms

N53 57.257 W1 04.642

11:30 - 12

Hope to see as many of yer there as possible.. Lets have a ball.. or is it a GPS!!!

Lockin the thread now on request of Monz.. So blame hime.. icon_biggrin.gif

Moss de boss.. sorta