Something amusing?

Guest Beth

I think some of you may find the log entry on http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=8328 quite amusing... and probably rather sad at the same time...

Richard

Ok just talked to Moss Trooper, who has deleted the log entry refered to above as what it described wasn't overly suitable for a family audience. Anyone who wants to know what the entry said, send me an e-mail and I'll tell you!

[This message has been edited by Richard & Beth (edited 15 February 2002).]

Guest jeremyp

there are people who would go around doing things like that. Presumably the geocaching URL was printed all over the cache, so if they were feeling particularly nasty they could get a GPS and go round doing it to everybody's caches.

I agree about the depressing bit, aside from it being amusing that they were stupid enough to identify themselves, I posted the reference as it does make a point about the risks of the caches being found, and keeping an eye on what's happening to them.

The comment I got from Robin implied that they were just kids who found it. Although most of the time people who find caches by accident seem to play the game, there are a depressing number of people who seem to get a kick out of trashing the cache. At least by phoning it means that the cache can be dealt with swiftly to minimise the risk of someone else looking for the cache and finding it like that, which would be very offputting to someone new to Geocaching.