Geocaching UK

Guest Moss Trooper

Guest Moss Trooper

doing it any good.

Winter is comming up, so less an less cahces will be placed.. unless yer a ole die hard like moi. Lets forget the past.. look to the future and get this sport into the 21st century.

Enough crap in the world.. lest just forget our petty differences an do what we do best.. Look fer platstic boxes !!!!!!!!! That dont sound right icon_smile.gif

What ever.. lets just do it.

all in favour raise ther GPS s an say.. "Where the f**k are we" icon_biggrin.gif

Moss the boss.. he de man.. sorta.

PS. Kimrobin is waitin on a delivery of travel bugs.. an is also the UK/European sales rep fer Geocachin. icon_smile.gif Love that man.

So lets dooooooo it.

OK Moss de Boss etc etc (LOL)

can I lower me arm now?

GPS is gettin dizzy bein held up so high, and all blood as drained away from fingers icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by f-stop (edited 07 November 2001).]

Hi all,

Firstly. Welcome back to those who were leaving and decided to let common sense prevail. Thanks for coming back.

Secondly. Thanks Jeremy for putting the lid on it at last.

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

If he wishes to start over.. fine as long as they adhere to the rules of the game. and he takes part in the forums etc.

I agree, play the game, don't flood an area and Robin's welcome (as far as I'm concerned).

quote:

Winter is comming up, so less an less cahces will be placed..

Now we have a resolution, we will plant the cache we have been planning for some time.

quote:

Enough crap in the world..

TOO TRUE Now lets have some peace in the valley.

Happy and safe caching to you all.

Tim & June (Winchester)

Guest Kimrobin

quote:

OK Fellow Gocachers.

Winter is comming up, so less an less cahces will be placed.. unless yer a ole die hard like moi

Enough crap in the world.. lest just forget our petty differences an do what we do best.. Look fer platstic boxes !!!!!!!!!

I'm going Virtual in the winter. I'll be doing a couple of virtual caches in W Yorkshire. Something that makes you think as well as being able to use a GPS. I know it doesn't involve finding boxes, but hopefully it will be just as rewarding to anyone who seeks them out.

Alex.

Well I have been out and bought some ammo boxes and am in the process of repainting em... Two more caches will be placed this month and I think there might just be a special Christmass one too icon_wink.gif

York area seems to be a little low on caches so keep yer eyes peeled... both of them are themed... one of them is themed on the area of York and the Vikings, the other one came to me whilst I was feelin a little light headed icon_smile.gif

PS... nice to know you missed me JasonW icon_wink.gif

(I still owe you for those ziplocs... will leave an envelope for you in one of the York Caches)

Guest davehinns

Anyone want to put any caches down south? It seems we're a little light....

Re: Robins caches have been archived.. thats end of it. If he wishes to start over.. fine as long as they adhere to the rules of the game. and he takes part in the forums etc.

Sorry, where does it say you have to take part in the forums to geocache? Surely this is just somewhere to voice opinions. I for one hadn't bothered with them until this week.

Guest davehinns

P.S. sorry to keep on but DONT FLOOD AN AREA?

Define flooding. Are there rules for how many in a certain area. I posted about Sherwood forest and at least a dozen there. Does that count? What about Scotty's Cluedo Multicache (7 close by). Does that count?

Surely it's the quality of location, the items, the difficulty etc that counts.

(from the guide to placing a cache...

Ultimately you'll want to place a cache in a place that is unique in some way. The big reward for geocachers, other than finding the cache itself, is the location. A prime camping spot, great viewpoint, unusual location, etc. are all good places to hide a cache. )

Personally I'd love to see more nearby me as it's something nice to do as a family on a Sunday Afternoon and with a 13, 12 & 3 year old it's one of the few things we all seem to enjoy.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by davehinns:

I posted about Sherwood forest and at least a dozen there. Does that count.

Where are there a doxen caches in Sherwood Forest? I can only see Major Oak and Dummy Spit. You could maybe include Football Stars and Haywood Oaks, but that still leaves you well short of a dozen.

Alex.

Guest davehinns

Surely the point is the quality of the location, difficulty of the hunt.

Anyway, thanks to Monz and his waypoints I'm looking at other places to maybe take a short break to after Xmas, with maybe a little caching also.

And remember people please, it's all just for fun.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by davehinns:

Anyway, thanks to Monz and his waypoints I'm looking at other places to maybe take a short break to after Xmas, with maybe a little caching also.

Next time you are around the Mansfield area try the five that are to the west of the M1 in Derbyshire. They are all different, and all challenging in different ways. Shining Cliff is something else. Take the kids just before dark. That will spook them icon_smile.gif

Alex.

[This message has been edited by Kimrobin (edited 08 November 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kimrobin (edited 08 November 2001).]

Guest davehinns

Ah Dummy Spit is a great place. Very good location. I was going to try and take Alien to Aliens hideaway as it seemed appropriate, but didn't get there.

Worksop trip won't be till next year, but I was trying to get my friend to catch the bug.

quote:
Originally posted by Monz:

(I still owe you for those ziplocs... will leave an envelope for you in one of the York Caches)

Just bung it in the post m8 - in case Moss gets to the cache before I do icon_wink.gif

Guest Cape Cod Cache

Hello to the UK...

Glad you finished up the bit of ICK. I have 2 bits of links from the UK that are to cool for school !Some maps and a translator. I couldn't give enough thanks! I'm glad you got past your squabbles... I read the posts from UK to settle me down, I rather enjoy the humo(u)r, the bit from US can be a bit painfull.

my best to all:

Cape Cod Cache (aka Mark)

Guest davehinns

Ok, for want of anywhere else to stick it...

I've been looking at putting up a cache in Swindon, and am in total awe of you lot who've put up multiple caches.

So there's the tuppaware box at a few quid, disposable camera, log book, treasure items, which no matter how you look at it works out in the range £5-10.

Then there's the site. Friday I'm placing the cache in one of our country parks (I've got the day off), but it's 260 acres. Now I know this park really well, but not for where to put a cache!

So two trips to the park to find somewhere good. So I've worked out this has taken me so far about 7-8 hours of my time for a cache thats going to be 15 minutes cycle from home! Wow.

More power to you who have placed several...