Travel Bugs are here

Guest Kimrobin

Guest Kimrobin

I've got a huge supply of Travel Bugs now.

Anyone who wants to buy some, please email me.

Moss Trooper's are already on the way to him. Don't get left behind. Order today.

Cheers

Alex.

PS to Jeremy. They got here safe and sound - why the duck? (Marx Bros. 1934)

That's where that devil duck has been! It must have hidden away along with the Travel bugs. If you'd be so kind as to attach a bug to it and send it on its way, that would be great. I wouldn't mind seeing it again icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

That's where that devil duck has been! It must have hidden away along with the Travel bugs. If you'd be so kind as to attach a bug to it and send it on its way, that would be great. I wouldn't mind seeing it again icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Jeremy

I'll go and put him in "Uncle Sam" over the weekend and see where he gets to from there.

Alex.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Jeremy

I'll go and put him in "Uncle Sam" over the weekend and see where he gets to from there.

Alex.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by Monz:

What happened to those hats we ordered rolleyes.gif

I'm still waiting for Groundspeak to send me the computer program for the geocache logo. Then I can get some hats and polo shirts made. (Jeremy - nudge Bryan again)

Alex... I was under the impression that you were going to get some of the hats from the US with the embroidered logo's.

I could do the logo onto hat and t-shirt thing myself thanks if I wanted to.

Thanks anyway but we will order our own. icon_smile.gif

Alex... I was under the impression that you were going to get some of the hats from the US with the embroidered logo's.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:

It was pointed out that if I had a bulk order stopped by customs I could get nailed for a load of duty and VAT, so as I have a mate with a five head embroidery machine it would be easier to make them here. They would be exactly the same as the ones that Jeremy sells.

AFAIK the design has over 10,000 stitches and to have a disk made would cost over 80 quid, so I'm in the process of getting the computer pattern from Groundspeak.

If you can make them yourself, you must have already had the design digitized. Can I have a copy, then I can make some hats?

Cheers

Alex.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:

It was pointed out that if I had a bulk order stopped by customs I could get nailed for a load of duty and VAT, so as I have a mate with a five head embroidery machine it would be easier to make them here. They would be exactly the same as the ones that Jeremy sells.

AFAIK the design has over 10,000 stitches and to have a disk made would cost over 80 quid, so I'm in the process of getting the computer pattern from Groundspeak.

If you can make them yourself, you must have already had the design digitized. Can I have a copy, then I can make some hats?

Cheers

Alex.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by Morseman:

Is there somewhere to email, or a URL for a website, to see what's available and put in an order please?

Ta.

I've just got travel bugs at the moment. I had some car window decals but they have all gone. If you need bugs, email me. Any of the embroibered stuff, you will have to order from the States until we get sorted out over here.

Cheers

Alex

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

ok how many u got left? and how much are they - same as the site or a bit more because of what u paid?

They are the dollar equivalent in pounds.

I'll email you when I get back from holiday at the weekend with prices. They come in singles or fours.

Alex.

Just to let you all know,

i have an order for all the Groundspeak products on the way.

i am NOT going to advertise our website here. Please send an e-mail for full details.

Regards to all,

Finger

quote:
Originally posted by Finger:

i am NOT going to advertise our website here. Please send an e-mail for full details.

Regards to all,

Finger

Please send details of products

G0RBM@AOL.COM

------------------

Phredd

Guest chris n maria

quote:

Regards to all,

Finger

Please Send me some too..

Chris@fabalou.com

Thanks

Guest Morseman

quote:

Finger

Please let me have details of what's available.

email to

ackridj@pgen.net

please

Thanks.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Kimrobin:

£5.00 for one or £13.50 for four. Post paid.

Alex.

I got the impression that 'finger' had stocks of the other Groundspeak products as well as Travel Bugs.

Or did I missunderstand?

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by Morseman:

I got the impression that 'finger' had stocks of the other Groundspeak products as well as Travel Bugs.

Or did I missunderstand?

Don't think so. Dave asked for the prices of travel bugs. I gave them.

No missunderstanding on my part.

Guest Morseman

quote:

No missunderstanding on my part.

I think the problem I had was that Dave posted after mine, without quoting any message, so I maybe missunderstood his request as being for all Groundspeak 'goodies', with the words "travelbug prices etc." that 'finger' mentioned.

I've not had chance to log onto my other pgen.net account yet.

Anyway, cheque in the post to Batley today.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest toscouk

Daft question but how do I find your e-mail address? Your profle does not say, also your named web page is not avaliable.

Regards

John

quote:

I've got a huge supply of Travel Bugs now.

Anyone who wants to buy some, please email me.

Moss Trooper's are already on the way to him. Don't get left behind. Order today.

Cheers

Alex.

PS to Jeremy. They got here safe and sound - why the duck? (Marx Bros. 1934)

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by toscouk:

Daft question but how do I find your e-mail address? Your profle does not say, also your named web page is not avaliable.

Regards

John

Not a daft question at al. I don't know how the email address came to disappear off the profile page, but it's back now.

It must have been there before as I've had emails from all over Europe about bugs.

Sorry.

Alex.

PS I've just looked and no email addresses are showing up in profiles at the moment, so I've out it in the web page box.

Anyway, it's kim@kimrobin.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Kimrobin (edited 18 January 2002).]

I am sorry I have not replied to some of you earlier .. I have had a bout of that dreaded virus & have just spent a week in bed .. I could not even find myself with a GPS unit I was so "Out of it".

To see what Geocaching Items we have please see our web site price list ( http://www.fingertech.co.uk/pricelist.html ) All the items are in stock. We have all the items on the Groundspeak / Geocaching.com web site. Thanks, Finger.

Guest Moss Trooper

After Looking at your site Finger I think I would rather wait until I got to US in middle of year an pick up my stuff. I don't mind making a profit but profiteering is a bit off.

Take one tee shirt for as an example.. $11.00 in US that you sell for 15 ex Vat.

If an exchange rate of $1.4/£1.00 was employed it would cost about £7.86 nearly half of what you are asking. But as we don't live in the real world when it comes to imports from US we will go for the $1.00/£1.00 which seems to be the norm. This would then make the tee shirt worth £11.00 ex Vat. still a 26% increase, then there is the postage of £4.00 taking the price up to £19.00

So an 8 quid tee shirt in US costs 19 quid over here. And by the time you add Vat it works out at over £23.00

Am I write to assume that you also get some form of discount as you are buying in bulk.

Sorry bonny lad but I for one aint gona be buying..

Moss de Boss.. sorta

I agree with some of the comments.

Yes we have bought in a largish quantity.

Yes we did pay for shipping - A not small amount !!

Yes we did pay the import duty. The Tee-Shirts did some real damage there - Very high duty was charged.

Yes we did pay the VAT on importation.

And NO the bulk discount was not much.

I will get the boys back at purchasing to go over their sums again. If the prices are wrong I assure you there will be changes made. I don't make the prices up but I will make sure things are looked at.

Regards,

Finger

Guest toscouk

Buying and placing the travel bug is the easy part, the hard part is registering the bug and attaching to cache page with no instructions in the travel bug section of http://www.geocaching.com/ did find some still confusing instructions in the forums at http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum26/HTML/000098.html. Anyone found easier to follow instructions?

[This message has been edited by toscouk (edited 29 January 2002).]

Guest Kimrobin

quote:

I agree with some of the comments.

Yes we have bought in a largish quantity.

Yes we did pay for shipping - A not small amount !!

Yes we did pay the import duty. The Tee-Shirts did some real damage there - Very high duty was charged.

Yes we did pay the VAT on importation.

And NO the bulk discount was not much.

I will get the boys back at purchasing to go over their sums again. If the prices are wrong I assure you there will be changes made. I don't make the prices up but I will make sure things are looked at.

Regards,

Finger

Well I feel for you Finger.

If you had read some of the other threads in the UK forum before you ordered the stuff then you would have seen that the idea of a bulk order of Geocache merchandise was binned because of the possible problems of import duty and VAT.

I decided just to get a bulk supply of the bugs (people can live without the hats and T shirts). Jeremy mailed them over in a small package which didn't attract the attention of HM Customs & Excise which is why I can sell them for pretty much the same price that Jeremy does in the USA. £5.00 for a single bug and £13.60 for four - including postage. (cheapbugs@kimrobin.co.uk)

ALL (i.e. 100%) of the money that I collect gets sent to Groundspeak to help pay for the geocaching.com website (well OK so I used two bugs myself that I didn't pay for, but what the heck.) Jeremy offered me a commission on sales but I didn't want it.

I also have the digital design for embroidery that will mean that we can make embroidered hats and polo shirts in the UK at US prices. I just haven't had time to do anything about that yet, but I will get around to it eventually.

At the kind of prices that Finger is charging I would think that it would be cheaper to order direct from Groundspeak, pay the shipping but not the duty, VAT and UK carriage.

Looks like someone has laid an egg on this one.

Alex.