Same again...??

Guest weenantie

Guest weenantie

Thanks again everyone....good to know whenI need help...you are all there....but OH! Lordy...am I glad there is a Scotman around.....Lemdip....thanks for being here.....why have we got to be classed as United Kingdom anyway......is there no way we could get Scotland put on the list as a country in her own right...now that would make things a lot easier.

Confession time. I was born in Nottingham. Please don't hold it against me, it wasn't by choice.....honest. I had no say in the matter. But I've had a healthy Scottish upbringing for over 36 of my 37 years.

......anyway. Before Monz goes mad, I don't think the Scotland thing is really necessary. If you use the thing that Moss suggests, ie enter the co-ords of your home, then you can see what's nearby. It works quite well, honest. From where I'm standing some of the caches in Scotland are way up in the Heelands, too far for me and my bike. But some of the closer ones are actually doon near the border. The real Scotland/England border, not the Watford one!

Guest LazyLeopard

quote:
Can we have one for the channel islands...

...after all, there are already country options for little places like Seychelles, Vanuatu and Vatican City State, and state options for others like Australian Capital Territory...

;>

(Having taken a look at the "Hide a cache" page, I can see why there's reluctance from certain quarters to the addition of counties or whatever... The way countries and states are entered would need a re-design to avoid it becoming hopelessly confusing. Then again, given that lat/long get entered anyway (except when they don't), an automatic assignment of things like country and state/county would seem more logical. Main problem would likely be finding the appropriate tool to do the job.)

(( I was bored. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it... icon_wink.gif ))

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard

Guest LazyLeopard

quote:
Can we have one for the channel islands...

...after all, there are already country options for little places like Seychelles, Vanuatu and Vatican City State, and state options for others like Australian Capital Territory...

;>

(Having taken a look at the "Hide a cache" page, I can see why there's reluctance from certain quarters to the addition of counties or whatever... The way countries and states are entered would need a re-design to avoid it becoming hopelessly confusing. Then again, given that lat/long get entered anyway (except when they don't), an automatic assignment of things like country and state/county would seem more logical. Main problem would likely be finding the appropriate tool to do the job.)

(( I was bored. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it... icon_wink.gif ))

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard

Well, we have provinces for Canada and states for Australia and the US. Can we put them under Wales, UK? How would that work?

And technically are they considered territories, provinces, states, etc? Sorry to sound so ignorant.

Jeremy

Guest Moss Trooper

Could always go back a really long time an have Northumbria.. half Scotland an half Englan.. an me smack in't middle icon_smile.gif

Might stop Monz goin on about Geordie Mafia Hee hee Hee as he would be part of it.. LOL LOL

Oh Dear had me back.. hee hee hee hee Oh! me sides is splittin ho ho ho ho!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Moss Trooper (edited 19 November 2001).]

Guest Moss Trooper

Could always go back a really long time an have Northumbria.. half Scotland an half Englan.. an me smack in't middle icon_smile.gif

Might stop Monz goin on about Geordie Mafia Hee hee Hee as he would be part of it.. LOL LOL

Oh Dear had me back.. hee hee hee hee Oh! me sides is splittin ho ho ho ho!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Moss Trooper (edited 19 November 2001).]

Guest The Northumbrian

quote:
Originally posted by Scottworld:

Not wanting to start a another flame war...

Your problem lies in ireland...

Republic of ---> Not member of UK (Eire)

North Ireland ----> Is a memeber

Scotland ---> Is a member, but have own parliment (ask any Scotish person and they will tell you it is its own county...except when in the Olymics.etc etc....when we all cheer for GBR Great Britain)

Dosn't matter how you split it up, it will offend someone.

You cant win this one....we have been trying to work it out for about 600 years, and still not got it right.

Why change anything? it all seems to work the way it is. perhaps a map would be handy as long as the archived caches that come up from time to time could be removed from the map, Apart from that the site is very user friendly

------------------

The Northumbrian

Guest LazyLeopard

quote:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

Why change anything? it all seems to work the way it is.

confused.gif Sure, it works Ok, but I'd have thought that the way this seems to crop up repeatedly (I've been visiting this area less than a month and I've seen it come round at least three times) was actually a pretty good indication that it could work better than it does...

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard

quote:
Originally posted by LazyLeopard:

...and state options for others like Australian Capital Territory...

Thats because the ACT is bigger than the UK! icon_smile.gif

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

quote:

...and state options for others like Australian Capital Territory...

Thats because the ACT is bigger than the UK! icon_smile.gif

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

Guest The Northumbrian

quote:

confused.gif Sure, it works Ok, but I'd have thought that the way this seems to crop up repeatedly (I've been visiting this area less than a month and I've seen it come round at least three times) was actually a pretty good indication that it could work better than it does...

Sounds like a Pussy caught in a trap

Guest Moss Trooper

Moderator's at on..

Just be careful.. I'm 2nd generation English an 9th Generation Scot.. :P) Just be careful or Watford Dyke will be up like a shot.. icon_smile.gif

Moss de Boss.. he de Man.. sorta when he aint Reivin icon_smile.gif

Guest Moss Trooper

Moderator's at on..

Just be careful.. I'm 2nd generation English an 9th Generation Scot.. :P) Just be careful or Watford Dyke will be up like a shot.. icon_smile.gif

Moss de Boss.. he de Man.. sorta when he aint Reivin icon_smile.gif

Guest LazyLeopard

quote:
Thought you poms would get the joke!!! icon_smile.gif

Sorry, but this iggernant pom had to go and check 'cos he'd just assumed that ACT was an equivalent to DC, and therefore not large at all, but didn't _know_...

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard

Guest LazyLeopard

quote:
Thought you poms would get the joke!!! icon_smile.gif

Sorry, but this iggernant pom had to go and check 'cos he'd just assumed that ACT was an equivalent to DC, and therefore not large at all, but didn't _know_...

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard