Where's in a Name Cache

Guest jeo

Geocacher from California seeking Logpoint somewhere along the N 53 30.000 line. See cache page http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12627

If I'm reading the insructions right my geocache name Jeo translates to N 53 30.000 or N 53 39.999 or anywhere in between. The Line is a little north of where we used to live when I was a kid. I used to live in Peterborough back in 1968 - 1972. Wow the memories. Double decker busses, Guy Fox day Sept 5 (both name and date could be wrong due to bad memory) They don't allow fireworks like that here! OH and the fish and chips.

Thanks for the Help

Jeo

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by jeo:

I used to live in Peterborough back in 1968 - 1972. Wow the memories. Double decker busses, Guy Fox day Sept 5 (both name and date could be wrong due to bad memory) They don't allow fireworks like that here! OH and the fish and chips.

Thanks for the Help

Jeo

I think you mean Guy Fawkes, there is a good website at http://www.innotts.co.uk/~asperges/fawkes/

which is run by a Radio Amateur who I have spoken to on several occasions, which gives more details.

The infamous date was November the fifth (Remember, Remember, the fifth of November, Gunpowder, Treason and Plot) although poor old Guy wasn't even the ringleader!

By the way, I live in a place called Bolsover, Derbyshire, and work in Coventry. I'll look at the lat/long of these places to see if I can help you with the cache.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

[This message has been edited by Morseman (edited 10 January 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Morseman (edited 10 January 2002).]

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by jeo:

Geocacher from California seeking Logpoint somewhere along the N 53 30.000 line. See cache page

The 53.30 to 53.39 area is just north of where I live! I can select a decent picture to take in the area.

Do you want me to upload it directly to the site, or email something to you beforehand?

you can email me at dave.g0dja3@pgen.net if you want to make contact off the forum.

Cheers.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Cacher Jane8276

This Is Fun! How strange that mine too, if I've done it right, using Jane8276 that I log caches with, is in England quite near (relativly speaking!) to where I was born!

I make mine N52.31.41. I was looking near and I see Lost In Space is a frequent cacher nearby and I need to e mail him (unless they read this)

Jane

in San Diego CA since 1990

Hi Jane, this definitely falls in the small world category.

Your line of Latitude is just 87.1 miles North of 'Oh! Deer' a cache we recently placed and only 16 miles South of the 'Mott the Hoople' cache by Eddie in our old town and soon to become home again. You might want to email Joe BW (old friend) from the skiing with an etrax thread. He has got to be close.

Our own coordinates 92 28' (Zcat) give us a some scope, I need to get writing.

Two fellow Brits also living in San Diego.

Zcat.

Jane drop me an email I can put you in touch with Joe

'Oh! Deer' http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=10927

'Mott the Hoople' http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=661

[This message has been edited by zcat (edited 10 January 2002).]

[This message has been edited by zcat (edited 16 January 2002).]