Northern Cachers Meet - 02/02/2002 @ 11:30

Guest Monz

OK Saturday 2nd Feb it is... 11:30 @ the Masons Arms in York...(N53 57.257 W1 04.642) the food is great and very reasonably priced but the portions are not for the feint hearted (grin)

Set off a new thread to get everyones attention...

Guest lathama

i had a quick look at a mapblast map today, mainly because i need to get a good idea where the meet is in comparison to the ground. answer the other way icon_frown.gif it jut means i will have to arrive earlier and leave earlier also icon_smile.gif

Guest lathama

i had a quick look at a mapblast map today, mainly because i need to get a good idea where the meet is in comparison to the ground. answer the other way icon_frown.gif it jut means i will have to arrive earlier and leave earlier also icon_smile.gif

I should be there

are there any camp sites that accept dogs in the area

I might as well make it a long weekend!

and find a few caches in the area.....

as i will be coming from Anglesey

Cheers Hagrid.....

Car Parks... There is one just around the corner behind Cliffords Tower that is reasonable... you may have to queue a bit to get in but the queue always moves quite briskly

Hagrid... I have no idea with regards to campsites, but I will endevour to find out for you ASAP...

Hagrid Update... there are two campsites that I have found, one is Rawcliffe Caravan Park approx 2.5 miles north of York Centre and the other is on the banks of the Ouse in the city centre off Terry Avenue, I will try to find out some telephone numbers for you

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 22 January 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 23 January 2002).]

Guest lathama

i want to kill the rail strikers. both trains this morning were cancelled and Birmingham New street had no idea when one would be coming that was going to York. I don't want to get stuck in Yorkm at the end of the meet either so i ain't going to bother. Kim - save some TB's for me as i really want a couple. i will be intouch about them soon.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

i want to kill the rail strikers. both trains this morning were cancelled and Birmingham New street had no idea when one would be coming that was going to York. I don't want to get stuck in Yorkm at the end of the meet either so i ain't going to bother. Kim - save some TB's for me as i really want a couple. i will be intouch about them soon.

You are lucky. I sold so many today, I think I only have 4 left.

I'll check up and email you tomorrow.

Alex

Now that was a good bash! Great to meet you all and sorry for those who didn't make it. Thanks Monz for putting it together - I am dieting now for a week! Anyone added up how many miles we travelled between us - especially the 'Lovelocks' and Hagrid or was it Rincewind and Baggage the furthest?

Are we going to take up the idea of a barby in some remote place in the summer?

------------------

John Stead

[This message has been edited by jstead (edited 03 February 2002).]

Guest Luggage

quote:
Originally posted by jstead:

Anyone added up how many miles we travelled between us - especially the 'Lovelocks' and Hagrid or was it Rincewind and Baggage the furthest?

I think we were the furthest - as the crow flies (or by GPS) it is 210 miles, but by road was 251 miles (according to the 'distance & journey times' on the back of our AA map!).

Tim & June from Winchester were 200 miles away as the crow flies, but that would have been 235 miles by road.

Phew! quite a journey. I think Hagrid was the next furthest away - I think he said it was approx 185 miles for him.

TTFN, and hope to see you all again!

Rincewind & Luggage