UK Roads & Recreation CD ROM

Guest Morseman

Guest Morseman

I've lost my MapSource CD-ROM which came with my GPSIII+, along with the lead to connect to the COM port on the PC. icon_frown.gif

Has anyone got a spare CD and/or lead that they would be willing to sell for less than a new replacement please?

Thanks in advance

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest davehinns

quote:
Originally posted by Morseman:

I've lost my MapSource CD-ROM which came with my GPSIII+, along with the lead to connect to the COM port on the PC. icon_frown.gif

Has anyone got a spare CD and/or lead that they would be willing to sell for less than a new replacement please?

Thanks in advance

Morseman - drop me an email with your address and I'll put a copy of mine in the post to you.

Cheers

Guest Moss Trooper

Dave

Please to make blatant comments about pirateing software, you don't know who is reading the forum and we don't want this fairly new hobby being fingered.

Consider yer self telt off..

Moss.

obviously designed for US addresses, so whereas in the UK you can locate any address from a house number/name and full postcode, the Metroguide doesn't use the full postcode (I assume because of the field length), and instead relies on streetname. It also doesn't seem able to cope with house names either. From what was described I was expecting something similar to what www.multimap.co.uk provides. I haven't really had a chance to compare the points of interest, although at a quick glance they do seem similar.

The big problem I see as a Vista owner is that the map sizes are significantly bigger, meaning that the 24Mb holds a lot less of the UK than before. So whereas I had all of southern England, up as far as Birmingham, with metropolitan areas further north, plus all the bits of Canada I needed, London, South Central UK and East Midlands would pretty much fill the memory.

I was wondering whether others with the Garmin mapping GPS units had feelings one way or another about which mapsource was best to use?

Richard

Guest davehinns

Sorry, catching up.

Moss Trooper - I took it that Morseman still had the original packaging etc and hence the original licence. As a systems Admin, of course I don't endorse pirating, but I do endorse backups.

Richard & Beth - I use UK Mapsource Roads & Rec, but also Autoroute 2001. That maps on postcode, goes down to house number, maps on lat/long etc. Useful if you want to plan a route to a cache.

Cheers

Guest Morseman

My laptop PC (which belongs to work) with my original CD-ROM still in the box, was returned to my office today.

So, I've been down to collect it back. Including the GPSIII+ connection lead!

Santa really does exist. icon_smile.gif

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman