In memory of September 11th

paul.blitz

Now before we start i'd just like to say that I kmow that this is an EXTREMELY touching subject, but I thought it appropriate to set up a topic to remember the events of almost a year ago.

If you don't like what I'm doing, then please don't email me and tell me that I'm doing wromg, because all I'm trying to do is get people to say their feelings to honour the memories.

So... how did this affect you.

I'll start us off by saying that I (Michael) am deeply saddened by the events and I feel sorry for all the people who have suffered as a result. It still hurts a bit when I watch documentaries on TV about the events.

So, Uk geocachers, now is the time to pay your respects.

Michael aka 1/2 of

Team Blitz

Ok, we've found it, now where did we put the car?

At the time I was working for an American company and several of my colleagues knew people in the WTC. At least one of them was killed.

Plus, I remember a telephone conference call to discuss European and East Coast sales immediately following 11/9/2001 and we had to cross off three prospects because the companies no longer existed (or they had far more important things to worry about than their e-mail system). That was when the magnitude of what had happened hit me.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

My memory is of sitting watching the events unfold live on the TV Screens built into our PCs. With Bloomberg and Reuters reporting confused, differing and harrowing reports.

The salesmen behind us where listing of the names of clients in each tower & trying to work out what floors they were on. Though the thing that brought it home to me the most was when the second tower collapsed. The trader sitting next to me said "right I'm going home". "whys that?" I asked. "Everyone I trade with was in those two buildings" he replied.

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

Me and my other half were just going into Tescos when news of the first plane hit was broadcast. I remember thinking it must have been very foggy in N.Y. for a plane to hit one of the towers, when we came home two hours later we knew what had happened.

A friend who works for British Airways lost acquaintances, a customer who works for Morgan Stanley in London found that out of, I think, aprrox 2500 staff in the towers they evacuated all but three. Watching the Head of Cantor Fitzgerald being interviewed.

I also read a few web journals, one in particular by a girl who was helping her best friend look for her husband of 13 months. In the end he hadn't made it, but a friend who they thought they had lost turned up a week later. She tried to describe how you celebrate the return of a friend you thought was gone for ever in the company of your friend whose husband had.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.