Thank you Bumblebee

Guest The Northumbrian

Guest The Northumbrian

Thank you for changing the Cache box at Border crossing,Moss de boss said it was a bit damp (on one of his midnight border raids this week) I think he has a whisky making Still up in the borderhills Somewhere.

I suppose quite a lot of Cache boxes may have got damp since they were left to the Elements,I may have a run round mine over the xmas hols to tidy them up

Thats a good idea of yours ,to carry a spare box with you when visiting others caches, I think I will take one with me from now on in case I come across water logged ones, Perhaps others may do the same.

Thanks again and have a brill Christmas

Nige

------------------

The Northumbrian

I say thank you too for the idea of carrying a spare box when caching. I have just had a report that one of my caches in Wales was found to be rather wet - but is that any surprise!

------------------

John Stead

Guest LazyLeopard

...which begs the question: What sort of container would it be best to carry around for this purpose (and, for that matter, for hiding new caches)?

There've been several discussions in the "Getting Started" and "General" forums, but they tend to be somewhat US centred...

Well it was actually my box that was used for this - the basic issue with this cache was that it was too full for the available container to be closable - the solution -> use a bigger box icon_smile.gif

Need to get some more boxes now though icon_frown.gif

Well it was actually my box that was used for this - the basic issue with this cache was that it was too full for the available container to be closable - the solution -> use a bigger box icon_smile.gif

Need to get some more boxes now though icon_frown.gif

Guest The Northumbrian
Originally posted by JasonW:

Need to get some more boxes now though icon_frown.gif[/quote I thought I left a 1.5 lt box up there, Finders must have left quite a bit of stuff, I thought about using 3 lt boxes , but if they get full where do you draw the line, Wheelie bins are a bit large to cart around with you , I wonder if I could get my hands on a supply of Plastic sweetie jars with the screw lids . They may work out cheaper than the price of some of the boxes ,

Thanks Jason , Nige

------------------

The Northumbrian

Guest The Northumbrian
Originally posted by JasonW:

Need to get some more boxes now though icon_frown.gif[/quote I thought I left a 1.5 lt box up there, Finders must have left quite a bit of stuff, I thought about using 3 lt boxes , but if they get full where do you draw the line, Wheelie bins are a bit large to cart around with you , I wonder if I could get my hands on a supply of Plastic sweetie jars with the screw lids . They may work out cheaper than the price of some of the boxes ,

Thanks Jason , Nige

------------------

The Northumbrian

Actually Tesco's did a set of 3 (3lt, 1.5l & 0.8l) for £1.49 a wee while back too.... so I guess it's a case of keep your eyes peeled.

Also if anyone has a North Eastern Co-op nearby, they had a 2l box, replete with 12 cakes for 99p last time I was in there, so sustenance for the walk to plant the cache and the box for 99p icon_smile.gif

Actually Tesco's did a set of 3 (3lt, 1.5l & 0.8l) for £1.49 a wee while back too.... so I guess it's a case of keep your eyes peeled.

Also if anyone has a North Eastern Co-op nearby, they had a 2l box, replete with 12 cakes for 99p last time I was in there, so sustenance for the walk to plant the cache and the box for 99p icon_smile.gif

Guest lathama

the same prices apply at woolworths. they do 0.5l,1l,3l,6l! all very good prices

i will be placing a 0.5l cache in remote scotland next year (need time off to do it first - so watch out) and in there should be a travel bug but i need some labels now are there people in the uk with labels who sell them on? please respond cause my mom won't pay through the net for things.

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

the same prices apply at woolworths. they do 0.5l,1l,3l,6l! all very good prices

i will be placing a 0.5l cache in remote scotland next year (need time off to do it first - so watch out) and in there should be a travel bug but i need some labels now are there people in the uk with labels who sell them on? please respond cause my mom won't pay through the net for things.

Try here for a UK supply route icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

Try here for a UK supply route icon_smile.gif