Autorout + Garmin Venture

Guest steveky

Guest steveky

Does anyone know if a Garmin Venture will show your position and movement on Autoroute 98 Express running on a laptop? I have loaded the gps module but it doesn't see the venture even though the connection is okay(checked with easygps)

Steve

[This message has been edited by steveky (edited 06 March 2002).]

Guest Moss Trooper

I tried using autoroute in this way and could not get it to work. It does work with Autoroute 2001 though, think you are going to have to upgrade.

But you could checke to make sure the GPS is set to NMEA output and not Garmin.

Moss

Guest el10t

Needless to say it also works with AR2002. (There is even a way to get it to update your location more frequently than once every 15 seconds, I believe)

I to could not get Autoroute 98 to work with my garmen etrex but it does work with Autoroute 2001.

However that is all in the past as I now have a streepilot 3, excellent piece of kit

[This message has been edited by david & di (edited 06 March 2002).]

I had it running ok on Autoroute 2000 and now on 2001... sorry never tried it on 98. I suppose you have checked the obvious like that your GPS is outputting NMEA (i think its called) and not Garmin format to the puter... icon_smile.gif

I had it running ok on Autoroute 2000 and now on 2001... sorry never tried it on 98. I suppose you have checked the obvious like that your GPS is outputting NMEA (i think its called) and not Garmin format to the puter... icon_smile.gif

Guest steveky

I have AR2002 but not on the laptop as that runs on W95 and AR2002 doesn't, however I will try your advice on the output and see if that works, thanks to you all for the quick comeback

Steve

[This message has been edited by steveky (edited 06 March 2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

Needless to say it also works with AR2002. (There is even a way to get it to update your location more frequently than once every 15 seconds, I believe)

If you know how to change this annoying delay please let me know! As well as Geocaching I use the GPS/Aroute in my job as a courier and when I am getting close to a turn 15 seconds is a longgggg time.

Peter

quote:
Originally posted by phoward:

If you know how to change this annoying delay please let me know! As well as Geocaching I use the GPS/Aroute in my job as a courier and when I am getting close to a turn 15 seconds is a longgggg time.

I'll email you tomorrow on this subject.

El10t