Hey Morseman

Guest Kimrobin

Guest Kimrobin

Why is Oddies Delight a 3 on terrain? Your description doesn't give much of a clue as to why the terrain value is so high.

I go caching with my 8 year old (trunchbull) and wouldn't normally consider taking her on a 3.

A bit more info, without giving too much away??

Cheers

Alex.

Guest Morseman

I based the rating on the calculator that you can use when setting up the site.

I have to admit that 3 seemed severe to me as well!

The path is a bit muddy at present, and you have to negociate a few small steps.

In fact, I would have said it was about the same level as Football Stars, before I put the information into the calculator.

I think I'll drop it to a 2/2 max. In summer it might even be a 1.5/1.5.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Morseman

em is that the path is not suitable for wheelchairs, or ordinary bikes, and there's a covering of undergrowth in places, which put the terrain rating up.

As I say in the description, take wellies or good boots. Especially at this time of year.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Kimrobin

Thanks for the info.

Probably wouldn't be doing it until after Xmas. Seems like it will be ok for an 8 year old in wellies.

Anyone who has done Shining Cliff or Fossil Transfer will know that the rating system ain't that good. Fossil Transfer should be a 9 icon_smile.gif

Guest Kimrobin

Thanks for the info.

Probably wouldn't be doing it until after Xmas. Seems like it will be ok for an 8 year old in wellies.

Anyone who has done Shining Cliff or Fossil Transfer will know that the rating system ain't that good. Fossil Transfer should be a 9 icon_smile.gif

Guest Morseman

The rating system did seem a bit non-linear, but it does say that it was developed using discussion on this forum system.

For instance, briefly put, a 1 seems to mean wheelchair access and level ground. 2 means compacted terrain, accessible using a 'standard' bike. Right up to 5 needing special equipment, possibly an overnight stay and maybe full climbing gear!!

I wouldn't say that I'd like to use a 'standard bike' to get to Football Stars, and there is some undergrowth to negotiate. icon_wink.gif

A 5/5 would seem to need help from International Rescue, and be undertaken by a member of MENSA.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Morseman

The rating system did seem a bit non-linear, but it does say that it was developed using discussion on this forum system.

For instance, briefly put, a 1 seems to mean wheelchair access and level ground. 2 means compacted terrain, accessible using a 'standard' bike. Right up to 5 needing special equipment, possibly an overnight stay and maybe full climbing gear!!

I wouldn't say that I'd like to use a 'standard bike' to get to Football Stars, and there is some undergrowth to negotiate. icon_wink.gif

A 5/5 would seem to need help from International Rescue, and be undertaken by a member of MENSA.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman