View From Coombe Hill & Mott The Hoople

Guest BumbleBee

Guest BumbleBee

Just found this on the BBC website. It's from way back in March this year but thought I'd share it in case you didn't see it.

May be of particular interest to Eddie (Mott The Hoople) and Brad Yuan & Steph Adler (Coombe Hill) as both their caches get a mention.

I know it's an old news item - but I'm never on time for anything! Better late than never....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/in_depth/sci_tech/2000/dot_life/newsid_1194000/1194431.stm

------------------

-Emma-

Those of us around when "all this were fields round here" (ie. MossTrooper and myself) may remember that article - it's the one that finally pushed me over the edge from "wouldn't a GPS be nice to have?" to "I need a GPS to do geocaching, and it would be a nice thing to have" icon_smile.gif

Those of us around when "all this were fields round here" (ie. MossTrooper and myself) may remember that article - it's the one that finally pushed me over the edge from "wouldn't a GPS be nice to have?" to "I need a GPS to do geocaching, and it would be a nice thing to have" icon_smile.gif

Funniest thing about the article is that the BBC reporter who wrote it got lost his first time looking on Coombe Hill and had to email me asking why he was having so much trouble. We finally figured out that his GPS was configured incorrectly!