Hot Dog Man

On sunday march the 3rd. I re-hid Hot Dog Man in North Yorkshire at RISER, it was found on the same day by The shooteroos, I like to follow travel bugs that I have found and re-hid as most of you like to do the same, I was only notified this morning that he had been found on 3rd March

My question is, can email notifications get held-up in the post , the same as surface mail? or there other problems that arise with automated notificacions?

Happy Easter Caching.

Nige

Your mail client should somewhere have an option to view the message headers. If you select that, among the many things you'll see will be a number of "received" headers. Each mail server that the message passes through will put a new received header in with a time stamp which you can use to figure out where the delays are. My guess would be that it is at the geocaching.com end, there have been signs over the last few days that they are suffering some performance issues.

The answer to your question about can e-mail get held up is "yes". It's quite rare nowadays, but it does happen.

quote:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

On sunday march the 3rd. I re-hid Hot Dog Man in North Yorkshire at RISER, it was found on the same day by The shooteroos, I like to follow travel bugs that I have found and re-hid as most of you like to do the same, I was only notified this morning that he had been found on 3rd March

My question is, can email notifications get held-up in the post , the same as surface mail? or there other problems that arise with automated notificacions?

Happy Easter Caching.

Nige

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!