Cache Downloads Slow

Guest gorymorph

Guest gorymorph

HI

Can anyone help with this problem. When i go to the uk caches and try to download local caches the first download comes across within a fraction of a second then all others dont download, by this i mean they take so long i end up canceling them all the sucessfull ones have taken only a second.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me to what im doing wrong at the rate im getting the down loads its going to take months

thanks Gorymorph

------------------

Guest theGophers

Do you mean the download of the easygps locations. If so then I cant answer that I have just tried a download of the first 25 nearest caches to me and I didnt get time to start my stopwatch before they all downloaded.

Stephen McNally

Guest gorymorph

hi gophers

yes thats exactly what i mean the first download comes like a flash but any others take so long i could do a full 10 hour shift and i still dont think they would get here. i,ve tried clicking on all my nearest downloads and downloading them together and that doesnt work either. it seems i can only download 1 each time i access the net. thanks anyway

gorymorph

ps i will keep trying

Garymorph... are you logged on whilst doing this... I seem to remember issues associated with whether the user was logged on or not?

...or maybe I'm just talking twoddle (it has been known) rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 27 November 2001).]

Guest gorymorph

hi monz

yes i am logged on. i tried it without logging on and it opens a window promting me to log in. tried it again this am and got 2 downloads this time then it wouldn,t download any more

cheers

gorymorph

Guest Moss Trooper

Hi Morph..

I don't know what browser your using or version but you could try upgrading to the latest. Sounds mor elike a browser problem than anything.

Moss the Boss.. he de man.. sorta