where should caches be placed - fun versus security

Guest di

Guest chris n maria

Hi folks,

just to let you know the paddington cache is now Virtual

Though anyone know why the small map shows michigan & the large london ????

------------------

Chris

We are not lost, we just don't know where we are..

quote:
Originally posted by chris n maria:

Hi folks,

Quote :

icon_smile.gif

quote:

Hi folks,

Quote :

icon_smile.gif

Guest jeremyp

quote:

Hi folks,

just to let you know the paddington cache is now Virtual

I'm in the credits! :-)

I've got the Paddington cache. I found it Tuesday 19th at about 9am, removed it because the cache had been archived and then mailed Svengsen last night.

I wasn't aware of this debate (or indeed any forums) until Chris & Maria mailed me the link this morning. I agree with the concerns about security threats which could get Geocaching a bad name.

We should avoid physical caches at major terrorist targets and even virtual caches where someone hunting around could cause security concerns (I was very uncomfortable at Sherlock 5 which is surrounded by cameras and adjacent to the mounted Police HQ; I used the mobile phone as cover).

I've offered the cache back to Svengsen but will re-use myself if he doesn't want it.

I can recommend Svengsen's Bristol cache (not a security concern) and thanks to everyone on this forum for cheering up my journey home yesterday. I was sat 6 feet from the virtual cache when Nicky read it on the site - its the fastest cache I've ever done.

Happy (and safe) caching,

Dave

bile phone as cover).

I've offered the cache back to Svengsen but will re-use myself if he doesn't want it.

I can recommend Svengsen's Bristol cache (not a security concern) and thanks to everyone on this forum for cheering up my journey home yesterday. I was sat 6 feet from the virtual cache when Nicky read it on the site - its the fastest cache I've ever done.

Happy (and safe) caching,

Dave

Guest chris n maria

Anyone know if anything has happened to the Heathrow cache?

------------------

Chris

Ok, I've just got back from looking for the cache, based on the instructions posted above. I checked both the drainpipe described, and also the next one along the pavement, and there did not appear to be a cache attached to the drainpipe. I didn't have a really close rummage, just a visual inspection, as the drainpipe is right next to the bay where the police park their van!

So either it is really well hidden, or someone has found and removed it. Anyway, as far as I could see it's gone.

Incidentally, car parking costs at Heathrow have now reached the dizzy heights of £1.90 for up to 30 minutes...

Richard