Geocaching audiobooks

Great news for Cliff Knowles Mysteries fans: the series books are now available as audiobooks. Cliff Knowles is a geocaching detective if you don't know the series. Amazon has introduced a new feature for us self-published authors: virtual voice. The reader is not a human but a text-to-voice AI actor. There are a few mispronounced words or occasional odd emphases, but all in all I was impressed with the quality, so I opted in. Geocaching and cache are pronounced correctly, but geocachers becomes geocakers. Oh well.  I wouldn't have been able to afford live voice actors for all of these. The books are available on Audible.com and Amazon.com. The Amazon pages have not updated to show the audio option for all the books the last I checked, but they could all be found on Audible.com just by searching the name.

All the books are available as follows and all have a virtual voice readers except as noted:

• Held for Ransom
    Cached Out (human voice actor)
    Fatal Dose
    Death Row
    Gut Shot
    Behead Me (not available as audiobook for technical reasons)
    A Will to Die
    Cliffhanger
    Double Eagle
    Cold Case
    Ultimato
    Brace for Impact
    The Cryptic Crossword Caper (not a Cliff Knowles Mystery, but it is available as an audiobook)
  •  

For any fans wondering when the next new one will come out, I regret I have not been working on one. Arthritis in my hands has prevented me from doing extensive typing and I have not found dictating to work well. The good news is that I just had surgery on my right (dominant) hand and hope to solve the problem for that hand at least.

Please spread the word to your mystery fan friends, especially any geocachers. A few of the books are not geocaching-related. Cached Out and Cliffhanger are ones that emphasize geocaching.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1