How do I change the date on my Disable log?

sapien

I'm not sure if this post should be part of the Nov 2, 2023 website changes thread or in this forum.  If it needs to be moved to the other thread, please do so or let me know and I'll repost there.

I disabled one of my caches yesterday (1/1/24) but realized afterwards it got logged with the wrong date (I wanted 12/31/23).  I can't remember if I changed the date to 12/31/23 or if the system automagically defaulted to the current date and I had no choice.  Either way, I tried to edit the log to 12/31/23 afterwards and realized I'm not allowed to now.  What's up with that? 

Really it's not that critical but this is annoying.  Is that behavior by design now or is there another way I need to edit the log now?  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Some log type are by design given a date that never can be changed:

Needs maintenance/owner attention required

Needs archive/reviewer attention required.

Disable

Enable

Archive

This is deliberate since it would/could be chaotic among the logs if owners could backdate owner maintenance for example.

Despite this is might be possible to use one of the API partner apps to change the log date. It appears that the log date of Mega events has been possible to change despite the locked log date on events. 

Edited by peter-tvm
On 1/2/2024 at 3:54 PM, peter-tvm said:

Some log type are by design given a date that never can be changed:

Needs maintenance/owner attention required

Needs archive/reviewer attention required.

Thinking about the potential confusion that can otherwise arise, it strikes me as a good idea to field log OAR/RAR even if you aren't going to log your Finds until weeks later due to travel and whatnot.