Create me a Wherigo?

makgonz_JOSE

Is the task easy, or is there none?

Please don't place a Wherigo just to have one in your hide statistic. If you want to create a Wherigo, use the possibilities of it, like zones, massages/dialogs, inputs. Otherwise, hide a puzzle or a traditional.

WIGs have so much potential, but the value of the type decreases simply because of all the reverse caches, which are basically just a different coordinate format. I don't need another random "Oh I want a WIG in my statistic"-Wherigo.

• Upvote 3
  • Surprised 1
12 minutes ago, capoaira said:

Is the task easy, or is there none?

Please don't place a Wherigo just to have one in your hide statistic. If you want to create a Wherigo, use the possibilities of it, like zones, massages/dialogs, inputs. Otherwise, hide a puzzle or a traditional.

WIGs have so much potential, but the value of the type decreases simply because of all the reverse caches, which are basically just a different coordinate format. I don't need another random "Oh I want a WIG in my statistic"-Wherigo.

If you look at my profile I have made quite a few wherigos.  I use to use Rangerfox and used urwigo once.  But I don't have access to a computer anymore.  The laptop I had broke.  

On 12/2/2023 at 11:38 AM, makgonz_JOSE said:

I want to create a few easy wherigos.  Where they simply download the cartridge and it gives them the coords to the cache.  Is anyone willing to create a few of these for me?  Your cache name will be credited on the cache page.

What's the point of the Wherigo if all it does is give out coordinates?  I don't get it.

3 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

What's the point of the Wherigo if all it does is give out coordinates?  I don't get it.

I would assume the point is to get people in an area accustomed to running a Wherigo cartridge without having to know anything beyond that.  The next step would then be a simple cartridge where you'd see a single zone, you go to that zone, then it shows another zone with the final.  That or making a really easy geo art (though an inappropriate use of Wherigo, according to my preference to use the lowest denominator cache type).

Personally, I'd just be happy that another cache came out.  Fewer and fewer caches are published every year in my area.  Every little bit helps.

• Helpful 1