Base Camp Issues

revrnd

I updated to a newer laptop and loaded Base Camp to it earlier this year. I have noticed an issue. I download waypoints to a list depending on the activity or province. However when I reopen the list, there is nothing shown. However the waypoint is shown in My Collection. As a result it appears that I either have to go thru each waypoint and move it to the correct list (not knowing if this is permanent). Or I can go back to using my old laptop for GPS purposes. I never had waypoints 'disappear' like this in the past. As you can imagine, I'm not impressed.

I contacted Garmin this week and my method of creating .gpx versions of my lists to a thumb drive was not the proper way. 

Long story short, if you get a new lap top, create a backup file of your current BaseCamp to a thumb drive, then use that to update BaseCamp on your new laptop.

Installing it will overwrite anything already transferred.

I'm in the process of transferring my waypoints (since I have done a LOT of revising/update since the purchase. Tracks will be a much easier story.

I hope this helps someone in the future.