Deleting Spoiler Images

bminer

15 minutes ago, bminer said:

I'm an owner, and I would like to delete a spoiler image.  I did it before, but don't remember how.

It's changed a bit with the new logging page. Firstly, go to the log on the cache page and click on View log in the bottom right hand corner:

image.png.bd83db806c03acebf56481418fd21414.png

Once in the log, go to the image you want to delete and click Edit Image:

image.png.4a5a093df6ec30586918f682aa710d0f.png

Then, in the editor, click on Delete Image:

image.png.3f864f74cbfb47285b0e87aedddbb9a3.png

• Helpful 3

I understand wanting to remove spoiler images but I have an honest question about the app giving you the functionality of uploading an image. What is the purpose for it? Most of the time it is difficult to sign a log and the image function helps serve as a log. I'm also an app developer so I know it would be super easy to just make the images viewable to the cache owner so it would not spoil anything or make a toggle that says the upload can be viewed by the public and/or the cache owner? Again I'm just curious as to why they create something that seems to encourage behavior that is not wanted? Surely I can't be the only one who is thinking of this?

On 1/2/2024 at 12:24 PM, explosion242 said:

I understand wanting to remove spoiler images but I have an honest question about the app giving you the functionality of uploading an image. What is the purpose for it? Most of the time it is difficult to sign a log and the image function helps serve as a log. I'm also an app developer so I know it would be super easy to just make the images viewable to the cache owner so it would not spoil anything or make a toggle that says the upload can be viewed by the public and/or the cache owner? Again I'm just curious as to why they create something that seems to encourage behavior that is not wanted? Surely I can't be the only one who is thinking of this?

To share photos of your caching experience other than the container and hiding spot.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1