Input answer when player uses Garmin Oregon

DeborahVanDerLinden

A geocacher contacted me and told me the required answer (input, question requires and answer in text format) cannot be given, because the answer is too long. I don't have this problem when I test the cartridge. I use a smartphone. The geocacher is using a Garmin Oregon GPS. How many fields can the given answer be when playing a cartridge on a Garmin Oregon?

According to das Wherigo Handbuch, Garmin Oregon input limit is only 18 characters:

"Vermeide Eingaben (Inputs) mit mehr als 18 Zeichen. Das Eingabefeld beim Garmin Oregon (auch andere?) kann nur 18 Zeichen aufnehmen, wobei bei längeren Eingaben immer das letzte Zeichen überschrieben wird. Andere Geräte/Player können auch längere Eingaben verarbeiten."

Translates to...

"Avoid inputs with more than 18 characters.  The input field on the Garmin Oregon (others too?) can only hold 18 characters, with longer entries always overwriting the last character.  Other devices/players can also process longer inputs."

• Helpful 1