Garmin Drive GPS, POI Loader, and Waypoints in Pocket Queries

I have several car GPS units (e.g. Garmin Drive 52) that I use in different vehicles in my household.   I regularly generate pocket queries on geocaching.com, and then download them to my Garmin Drive using Garmin's "POI Loader" (https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=927).  

As you're aware if you use pocket queries, most pocket queries generate two GPX files: one containing the cache information, and one containing all the waypoints for the caches in the other file.  

Some time ago (months ago, perhaps?), POI Loader started complaining that the files containing the waypoint information were invalid, and wouldn't load them onto the Drive unit.   The "regular" GPX files were loaded without difficulty.   This isn't optimal, especially when some caches have waypoints specifically for recommended parking areas adjacent to the cache.

This seems to be happening on multiple computers and with multiple different Drive units.     

Has anyone else observed this behavior?   Does anyone know how to fix this?