So how much activity IS there in NZ?

Guest LarsThorwald

Guest LarsThorwald

Things are pretty rabid here in Southern California. My son wants to launch a Travel Bug with the hope/intention of it making its way to New Zealand. Just curious about how much caching there is in your beautiful country. Thanks for any comments.

Charlie

Guest tgsnoopy

The activity is slowly increasing, obviously it's nothing compared with the states. I'm blessed in the area I'm living in to have a couple of new active cachers so it's getting quite active here. But rest assured there are active cachers that will go out of our way to accomodate travel bugs if we know they are there. check this posting if you need proof:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000068.html

I suspect the hardest thing will be getting your travel bug here. L8rz icon_smile.gif

Guest tgsnoopy

The activity is slowly increasing, obviously it's nothing compared with the states. I'm blessed in the area I'm living in to have a couple of new active cachers so it's getting quite active here. But rest assured there are active cachers that will go out of our way to accomodate travel bugs if we know they are there. check this posting if you need proof:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000068.html

I suspect the hardest thing will be getting your travel bug here. L8rz icon_smile.gif

Hmmm, I wonder

If you did a check on population versus number of caches, how would we fare?

Personally, I think its great to see the proliferation of cache sites compared to 12 months ago, just need a few more up here in Northland.

Guest tgsnoopy

Good point Pat! We are probably more active than the States on a head of population basis. Unfortunately the guy I used to go and stay with when up North has moved away from Kaikohe so I don't get up there that often now, hence no caches planted up there by me. However, in about a months time he will be moving to Whangarei, so look out your caches, I'll be up there soon, and may plant a few myself while I'm there icon_biggrin.gif

Guest tgsnoopy

Good point Pat! We are probably more active than the States on a head of population basis. Unfortunately the guy I used to go and stay with when up North has moved away from Kaikohe so I don't get up there that often now, hence no caches planted up there by me. However, in about a months time he will be moving to Whangarei, so look out your caches, I'll be up there soon, and may plant a few myself while I'm there icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Webfoot

This is for tgsnoopy or peejay or any other New Zealander geocacher who would be interested in helping me with this cache. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12627

Since my handle puts me at 93? 23.668, I can't go north/south in latitude with out halving the numbers. Using Crusso's system, my new latitude is 46? 11.334 minutes. Looks like that puts it somewhere near the southern tip of the south island as far as I can tell by my atlas. If it's out in the ocean, you'd be able to tell probably better than I. icon_smile.gif

If anyone is interested in helping me out, let me know here or you can email me at webfoot5@earthlink.net

Guest Webfoot

This is for tgsnoopy or peejay or any other New Zealander geocacher who would be interested in helping me with this cache. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12627

Since my handle puts me at 93? 23.668, I can't go north/south in latitude with out halving the numbers. Using Crusso's system, my new latitude is 46? 11.334 minutes. Looks like that puts it somewhere near the southern tip of the south island as far as I can tell by my atlas. If it's out in the ocean, you'd be able to tell probably better than I. icon_smile.gif

If anyone is interested in helping me out, let me know here or you can email me at webfoot5@earthlink.net

Guest tgsnoopy

I'd like to be able to help you, but I'm in the North Island. Probably the person closest to there is Donovan, but I'm not sure he is active at all at the moment, Gav is also in the South Island, Gav????

Guest Cape Cod Cache

TG SNoopy, a question that will have many answers. I think in land area / population the answer for USA is Utah. (82,268 sq miles /1.7m population) Boston, Massachusettes just had 1.2 million people for a football celebration. In a small part of the city...

A statistion could answer in better terms.

Speaking of Utah, saw the KIWIs arrive, you have a good chance in wonen's luge, and I fell in love with a red-haired beauty...

as always, my best

Hey tgsnoopy,

Would be great to see some new blood up here. There was another guy (Mark?) but he seems to have disappeared. There are a few caches up here, ranging from easy to hmmm? It would be a change to go looking rather than placing them, let me know if you head this way.