Deleted adventure lab locations sometimes show in "Total Caches Owned" stat but not in "Lab Cache" stat

JeanM22

This issue happens when you delete an Adventure Lab location which has already been found at least once AND the finder of that location deletes their own Found log.

This can cause inconsistencies in cache hiding stats & numbering.

If the finder doesn't delete their log, then the location is also displayed under the "Lab Cache" stat, so it would be 6 in this case for me.

I think that if a deleted location has no undeleted finds, it should not display under any stats, the same way it doesn't display under "Lab Cache".

image.png.7edba968942523c3a73f3361cb1ba3d3.png

image.png.2b114853a72752ae601f8ac7e7d5d714.png

image.png.de3bba16e0df56de58a850f0024ab21b.png

• Funny 1

I know that I have an Adventue Lab cache that there is absolutely no way to view (AFAIK), but it shows up on my hides.

So I have done 5 normal adventure labs, each with 5 location. 5x5=25. But I have 26 under my profile because of that time when Groundspeak did some sort of a Valentines promotion 10 years ago and allowed people to create a virtual AL cache.

But what is even odder, I just had a look on geocaching app, and it says I have hidden a total of 59 caches!? How did it get that number?

5x5 ALs.png

26AL.png

Screenshot_20220821-153519.png

• Helpful 1
14 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

So confused. We are warned to never delete an adventure lab location. I'm curious what reason the location was deleted, considering the warning to never do that. What am I missing?

Well I didn't get that memo, and I deleted a location while testing my lab.

5 hours ago, ivss_xx said:

I know that I have an Adventue Lab cache that there is absolutely no way to view (AFAIK), but it shows up on my hides.

So I have done 5 normal adventure labs, each with 5 location. 5x5=25. But I have 26 under my profile because of that time when Groundspeak did some sort of a Valentines promotion 10 years ago and allowed people to create a virtual AL cache.

But what is even odder, I just had a look on geocaching app, and it says I have hidden a total of 59 caches!? How did it get that number?

5x5 ALs.png

26AL.png

Screenshot_20220821-153519.png

For me, the mobile app looks like this:

23 hides on the profile page

IMG_20220821_123639.jpg

but 22 hides on the Hides page

IMG_20220821_123711.jpg