Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Zaph

Aussie Geocachers Unite!

Guest Zaph

Welcome to the Australian Geocaching Forum

Summer is fast approaching, so its a perfect time to start geocaching. Feel free to post your stories of the hunt on the forum, or anything else relevant to geocaching in Australia.

Right now there are just 4 caches in Australia:

VIC: 1

NSW: 2

QLD: 1

Thats 4 caches in 7.6 million sq km ! Even NewZealand has managed to get 5 icon_smile.gif

About me:

I'm Kevin 'Zaph' Burfitt, I write computer games for a living (Infogrames Melbourne House: (S37'50.33" E144'58.5")

I use a Rand McNalley Streetfinder GPS for the PalmV - The Palm slots into the GPS making it a convenient little device (the GPS has no display of its own)

Zaph

Guest nz_etrex

G'day cobber

Glad to see another antipodean posting here.

Soon to be 6 stashes/cahes in NZ after this weekend !!

Am coming to OZ in Novemeber, may hunt for the NSW stashes.

Keep 'em coming and I will definately visit you next time I am in VIC.

Guest Zaph

6 in NZ... Ok, I think I'll have to go out and plant a stash this weekend too then!

I think I might combine a day trip to visit a degree-confluence ( http://www.confluence.org/ ) with planting a stash... two birds with one stone icon_smile.gif

Zaph

Guest scott

I'm going to Melbourne for Christmas, plan on visiting "Melbourne's first by George". Any cachers in Melbourne want to get together for a cup of coffee or whatever?

Guest backbench

Hi Zaph, I would like to help you increase the number of geocach sites in Australia!

I'm a journalist at The Australian newspaper and I would like to write a story about geocaching. I'm interested in how geocaching works; why do you like it; how do work out where you're going to stash your treasure; what do you put in your stashes; is it hard to find the treasure when you use your GPS; etc.....

Could you please call me on mobile: 0418 186 952 or email me at: sallyhaynes@hotmail.com

Thanks very much,

Sally Haynes.

Guest manblongami

I AM CURRENTLY SERVING IN BOUGANVILLE AND JUST PURCHASED A GPS. PERHAPS I WILL PLACE A STASH SOMEWHERE AROUND HERE!I WILL BE LOOKING FOR THE CACHE IN QLD WHEN I GET HOME.

Guest remedya

I will help by planting a cache on my next visit to Perth, WA.

51d 33.844'N 0d 17.122'W