BunkerDave Special #2

Guest bunkerdave

Guest bunkerdave

5 miles(one-way). McCoy Flat will probably be about a half mile one-way, but it is hot, so bring water. So far, I don't anticipate any serious hiking potential on the others, but none of these is a "drive-by." The trip is about 380 miles of driving, and I figure 3-4 hours of hiking total. Plan on an all-day event. I did not get back from the West Desert on 6-16-01 until 10:00 pm, and we left at 7:00am. That's 15 hours, and I don't expect anything less on this one, though there is always that possibility. I plan on getting lunch in the Duchesne area. I would appreciate a $5.00 contribution from each person who wishes to ride with me, to help with gas.

I enjoyed immensely the company I had this weekend, and am sure this one will be the same - that is, if anyone is up to it icon_wink.gif

Guest brownbag

You might want to make a couple modifications to your iternary. Xmas Tree Cache is right on the road, not too far from McCoy Flat. You will want to pick it up.

Island Lake is right next to one of our favorite hiking spots(three divides lake). Considering it is a pretty hefty drive from Heber the wrong way from Vernal and that the trail is around 6 miles round trip all above 10,000 feet (at least there is not a lot of vertical), expect that it will take 4 hours minimum from Heber to Heber for a fit person. It would take me more like 6 hours. You may want to leave it for last, in case another one takes longer than expected. Since it is a completely separate loop, that would make sense.