The Tri-County High Sierra Thread (Mono-Inyo-Fresno)

Snoogans

Hi Everyone,

I'm a displaced local livin in Houston. Notice my "from" line. I'm making my yearly migration home for just over a month (5 1/2 week vac. every year icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif) and want to get the lay of the land from a geocaching standpoint. I will be spending some time in Mammoth Lakes and plan to leave about 6 to 8 caches not including virts, for my family members to break the ice on, and for the geocaching community in general. Most of my caches there will have 5 star terrain.

So as caches go:

What's fun-easy-hard-cool-impossible-not worth a trip-MUST DO-etc....?????????

Who are the cache approvers that I need to convince to approve my caches because I do have and can prove local support?

Where is a cool spot that really needs a nice cache?

Where have you had trouble, or gotten denied cache approval?

Thanks, Be there in July.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

quote:
Originally posted by Team PowerStroke:

thats straaaannggeeee.. i just moved from the houston area out to the Fresno area..

Duuuuuuuude! From one armpit to another! At least you're closer than I am to the Sierras........ icon_frown.gif

You gotta check out Vermillion Valley Resort to get outta that pit on the weekend. It's on Lake Thomas Edison. Check out their website.

I have a feeling that there will be a bunch of caches there this summer. The new owner listed geocaching on their list of activities. If you are into remote locations, then you will be thanking me for this tip later. If I'm there (mid to late July) you will notice my avatar in several places on my red GeoJetta with Texas plates.

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

This is from their site: (Cool huh!)

GeoCaching around

Vermilion Valley Resort

If you are an afficianado of the newest craze to hit the world of outdoor enthusiasts, Geocaching, then you're in luck. The area surrounding Vermilion Valley Resort has miles of trails ranging from the easy to the difficult from which to hide (and find) those caches.

If you haven't heard of Geocaching, check out the official site at www.geocaching.com. This newest outdoor activity can be enjoyed by people from all walks of life, and at all fitness levels. It's great for families!

All that's required is a GPS, and the co-ordinates of a cache.

We're extremely excited at VVR... there are many opportunities to hide caches this year around VVR, and we encourage our guests to do just that. Remember, if you hide the cache, you get to name it! This is a perfect opportunity for families to get in a nice hike and do something exciting together. What kid (young or old) wouldn't want to hide or search for hidden treasure?

Please feel free to ask us all about this exciting new activity!