Santa Cruz, CA geocache picnic

Guest coralgeo

Guest coralgeo

It looks like we have a nice-sized group of fellow-geocachers in and around the Central Coast. I was thinking it would be fun to have a picnic or other event so that everyone could get together. Before I start planning anything, is this something that would interest others?

Guest DWebHere

I'll be there if one Iron Chef brings the coin, if you have it anyway, otherwise i'm gonna have to go on a search for the culprit. Hey, I still really really wanted that.

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by DWebHere:

Oh, and sorry for mis-spelling your name on the cache page for Shake

I'll bring the coin then :~) I was going to put it in a cache that I am placing in San Diego in 3 weeks, but if you are collecting NASA stuff then I'll bring it.

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _____________________ _

agefive.com/geocache/

"But a big booming voice from the sky is exactly what you have found..."

-Contact

Guest DWebHere

Great, and thanks, i'd be happy to locate a cache for it, yet San Diego would be a bit far for me at this time. I will be in the SantaCruz mountains tomorrow (Sunday), likely the Mountain Charlie & Glenwood caches, that was where we were about to head for last w/end but then i noticed that the shake shake cache had a nasa coin so i just had to go there, my wife knew i was crushed when my daughter and i came back without it, but it's great to hear that you actually do have it and are willing to give it up to a fellow cacher. I am new at this and it has been great fun for my family of 6 (the kids are 9,7,3 and almost 1 years old) we always take a stroller along for the 3 and 1, we all really have a blast, surprisingly my daughter (9) likes to go for the harder stuff which is why only her and I ended up actually at the shake cache. oh, which reminds me, theres 18 pics left on that camera, i forgot to put it on the logsite. You guys feel free to visit the first family cache the Toro Cache at N 36° 35.91 W 121° 41.669 (WGS-84), it is our first place and the kids picked the spot, not a real challenge, good for kids though. Oh sorry for going totally off subject here, great idea for a picnic somewhere around here.

Don

Guest Iron Chef

Here are the details that i copied from the other forum where the picnic is being discussed at. A date is set!

quote:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2736

log a visit as "other" and RSVP for THE geocaching event of the summer on the Central Coast!

Also thanks to Coralgeo and Raygun for getting everything set up :~) just let me know if you guys need any help.

-Iron Chef

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _________________ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/

"But a big booming voice from the sky is exactly what you have found..."

-Contact

[This message has been edited by Iron Chef (edited 28 May 2001).]

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by DWebHere:

Great, I think the 23rd can work.

cool, as we get closer to the date, remind me again to bring the NASA coin.

-Iron Chef

Guest coralgeo

Hey DWeb, I think raygun_88 and I saw you and your daughter heading out when we were hiking in to do a check on Shake Your Bootie. Kevin had a laugh when he saw your entry in the logbook. Although I must say, I was feeling the same thing! LOL Look forward to meeting you at the picnic. -Susie

PS: Thanx IronChef for posting the picnic cache page URL to both forum discussions.

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by coralgeo:

PS: Thanx IronChef for posting the picnic cache page URL to both forum discussions.

no prob :~) i'm just here trying to avoid doing real work

Guest DWebHere

prolly so, did i speak, were you walking or riding? I didn't have a shirt on, we were bushed at that point, we had already went up to the "top of Incline" and then back down to the trail entry point, it started out as the whole family of 6 puching the stroller up that hill, was startin to hurt by the time we got back down, and my wife suggested that she go on to the car while my daughter and myself went to find the cache, since it wasn't really stroller accessible, she also, said, your about to miss star trek (which i Never miss) and i told her, for that NASA coin, i'll hope someone recorded it. myself, i try to keep an eye out for people holding GPS units in their hands.

Guest DWebHere

Oh, and i have a disposable camera for the cache the party will be placing in the area.

I'll bring some charcoal too, i love to bbq

last name is Weber ya know

Guest coralgeo

In an effort to keep this thread at the top of the forum list, I'd like to post this reminder about the Central Coast/Santa Cruz area Geo-Picnic. Please RSVP by logging on at the cache web page http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2736

so we can get an idea of how many to plan for.

-coralgeo

------------------

http://www.geocites.com/scubasue1/geocaching

Into a melody of deep blue; shells drifting downward to sink and settle on the seafloor. An earth song of creation kneads them into stone, draws aside the waves and lifts them into mountains.

-Nancy Penrose

Guest DWebHere

''bump''

anyone else gonna join the picnic, whose bringin the container for the cache?

(maybe this'll keep the thread on the page a couple more days)

Guest coralgeo

As sponsors of the picnic, I will be bringing the container, logbook, generic letter, and writing instruments for the new cache we place. I am also bringing a nifty prize for a game hunt we'll be doing. In my picnic announcement I also said that I'll bring a small bag of charcoal, BBQ tools, and some condiments. Everyone should bring food and drinks for their own family, small treasure for the new cache, GPS if you want to join the game, and any other fun things they can think of. Hope to see you there :-)

------------------

Into a melody of deep blue; shells drifting downward to sink and settle on the seafloor. An earth song of creation kneads them into stone, draws aside the waves and lifts them into mountains.

-Nancy Penrose

Guest coralgeo

nd Noelle)? I notice they haven't RSVP'd yet. Sure would like to meet them too.

------------------

-Nancy Penrose

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by coralgeo:

thanx Don...let's see how my sig file works now...

Anyone have an acquaintance with dkruz (David and Noelle)? I notice they haven't RSVP'd yet. Sure would like to meet them too.

I e-mailed Dave about it but got no response. I know that he is a busy guy though and might have missed my message so I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

-Iron Chef

Guest Iron Chef

Also, are we going to document the day? And if so does someone have a digital camera? I'm defiantly going to bring my regular camera to snap a few shots (if its ok with people), but digital is always easier.

Guest coralgeo

raygun_88 will definitely be bringing his digital camera, and we'll have pix posted up to a page (again, if that's OK with everyone of course)

Did anyone catch Echogold's topic in the general forum a while ago telling everyone that Ed Hall's (Buxley's) maps were back up? There were about 5 *Yea* and *Way to Go* responses already. I went to chime in my two cents also, but before I could hit the submit button the entire topic had been deleted from the system. Interesting doin's in *Jeremy-land* I suppose...

(let's see if this comment makes it through or gets deleted)

------------------

http://www.geocities.com/scubasue1/geocaching

-Nancy Penrose

Guest Iron Chef

I just e-mailed David, hopefully I'll hear back soon or (even better) he'll rsvp :~) looks like quite a crowd is forming, this is going to be a fun afternoon!

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by barefoot:

I'll be there in my matching shower cap and Speedo. So will Twinkle, but she'll look a whole lot better than me. icon_smile.gif

Really.

Hehehe, whatever floats your boat, just remember it may be hot outside but the water will still be very cold ;~)

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by barefoot:

I'll be there in my matching shower cap and Speedo. So will Twinkle, but she'll look a whole lot better than me. icon_smile.gif

Really.

Hehehe, whatever floats your boat, just remember it may be hot outside but the water will still be very cold ;~)

Guest coralgeo

Hi all!

I just wanted to send out a reminder about the Central Area Geocacher's Picnic Get-together for this Saturday. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. For those of you who can't make it, or for some reason or another have had to back out, we're going to miss you. If your plans change, please stop by!

If my counts are correct, it looks like we'll have a nice group of around 20 adults (and I use the term loosely of course :-)) and a half dozen or so kids. If you haven't signed the log to RSVP yet, please do so ASAP so I'll know how many tables to nab that morning.

As hosts of the picnic, Raygun and I will be bringing a small bag of charcoal, grilling utensils, some condiments (mustard/ketchup), paper napkins, a nifty prize for the Geohunt Game :-)), and a container, letter, logbook, and writing instrument for the new group cache. Please bring food and drink for your own family, your gps for the game, a small goodie for the new cache, and some fun conversation.

There's lots of great things to do at this park. Bring beach gear if you want. We plan on grabbing some of the picnic tables up on the higher ground, but you're welcome to go explore the sand and surf! Its a good idea to bring sunscreen if you do.

Please feel free to email me ( cochran7@geocities.com)with any questions. See everyone on Saturday!

-coralgeo (Susie)

June 23, 11am until ?

For more details and to log your RSVP, go to

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2736

------------------

-Nancy Penrose

Guest coralgeo

Thanks to everyone who came to the picnic. I think it was quite a success! Visit http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2736 for some newly posted pictures of the event. And see http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3437 for details to the group cache we hid that day. -Susie

------------------

-Nancy Penrose

Guest Iron Chef

Thanks again for setting everything up Susie! It was a great way to spend the Saturday and fun to meet other people. :~)

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!