Sort-of bug: Finds and Hides filters issue

Not sure if this counts as a bug, and it's a very unusual case, but it was an issue for me yesterday.

I wanted to look at one of my caches on the app. It's in the midst of an area where I have a lot of finds, so I had the 'Hide my Finds' filter enabled. Here's the unusual bit: my cache wasn't shown. And I think I know why. I adopted the cache, but before I adopted it I found it. So the Finds filter being on trumps the Hides filter being off. Now I'm sure I'm not alone in this situation but I'm also sure there's not many of us (thousands at the very most). I don't see it as something being broken, just something unusual/unfortunate. But I'll flag it anyway, might be an interesting exercise for a programmer to consider.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, rassilon256 said:

Not sure if this counts as a bug, and it's a very unusual case, but it was an issue for me yesterday.

I wanted to look at one of my caches on the app. It's in the midst of an area where I have a lot of finds, so I had the 'Hide my Finds' filter enabled. Here's the unusual bit: my cache wasn't shown. And I think I know why. I adopted the cache, but before I adopted it I found it. So the Finds filter being on trumps the Hides filter being off. Now I'm sure I'm not alone in this situation but I'm also sure there's not many of us (thousands at the very most). I don't see it as something being broken, just something unusual/unfortunate. But I'll flag it anyway, might be an interesting exercise for a programmer to consider.

Yes, that happens to some of us. 😁

It's an interesting situation. I have adopted several caches after I found them.