Urbancaching in Los Angeles. Any volunteers?

tatoeba

I had this idea after reading a post about not enough caches in the wilderness. Because I like more caching in the city (sorry! icon_rolleyes.gif ) I would like to do a little caching in LA but with no boxes. Only small items to find with points you would get when you find one item (I like also competition).

I know it is not exactly the 'geocaching' spirit but if there are a few volunteers to participate I am ready to place these microcaches in LA for us to have some fun.

If you have other ideas we can make it even better!

invasion.gif

Microcaches can be fun if they are done right. The most clever I have encountered have been recycled/repainted Altoid mint boxes. People have put magnets or velcro on them and stuck them under or behind prominent spots. An Altoid box is just big enough for a small logbook... not much else, but I'm basically just there to sign the log. icon_cool.gif

I'll be in Orange County tomorrow through Sunday, but I don't suppose you'll have anything set up by then... Maybe I should rustle up a box of my own... icon_wink.gif

llamasmall.jpg

Okay, I got busy and my microcache is ready to go. It'll be called Fairly Tiny Cache and will be in Costa Mesa somewhere on or near the Orange County Fairgrounds (probably near... so that people can get to it when the fair is closed). I'll put it out sometime between tomorrow and Sunday, but won't be back to log it till Tuesday or so.

llamasmall.jpg

Thanks to all the answers here and directly to my email address icon_smile.gif

Remember if you want to participate you will have to be in the Los Angeles area. There will be no boxes just small magnets to find.

You will get points when you find them and a specific puzzle to create with these magnets (on your fridge?).

Anyway I need to think more about the details and how could I use this great website for this game.

invasion.gif