Search map weirdness

thebruce0

I'm having very odd happenings with the search map when making use of the Not Found By search parameter. And inconsistently so I can't narrow down some specific causes.

1. Occasionally, the entire map tab will go white when clicking the Filters button.

2. Typing a name and hitting enter often doesn't add the highlighted name but a different name no longer in the popup list. eg, if I type the full complete name of a user and hit enter, that one user now displayed may not be the one added to the list - and the text entered remains in the box while a new user item is also inserted into the box.  This code used for this manner of user entry needs some bug testing.

3. Loading a bookmarked search with saved parameters in the url won't load additional users in the list. (eg, NFB having User1, User2, User3, if loading the resulting URL, the map will only consider one user, not all 3, but all 3 will appear in the filter parameter)

* I'm guessing this may be due to the issue of having three identical "nfb" parameters in the querystring which may be getting interpreted differently based on standards for providing multiple values for one variable (such as nfb[]=value1&nfb[]=value2 etc rather than nfb=value1&nfb=value2) so the server is only recognizing the first "nfb", but the front end is parsing the multiple "nfb" values in the querystring and populating the parameter.

In any case, playing with this filter parameter has revealed some bugs in the search map page code. I have tested with all user scripts disabled, and I'm using Chrome, up to date.

• Helpful 2

To expand on this, it's not just from bookmarked URLs that the NFB parameter isn't applying.

I did a standard search for not found by 3 people, then went to Map the results. The mapped result was incorrect until I edited and re-applied the filters (without changing anything).

So the initial load of the searched filter parameters isn't being applied properly on first loading the Map view of the same results.

Other parameters may be affected, but definitely the not-found-by parameter is.