How do I insert a link to a record without using an external web site?

Willy y Diego

I want to use a record located on a website or "something else" to be used to solve a mistery. I´ve found several websites where I can set the record and where the geocachers can listen to it in order to solve the mistery. But I want a "direct" site without commercials e.g. vocaroo.

Thanks for your help

Edited by Willy y Diego
2 hours ago, Willy y Diego said:

I want to use a record located on a website or "something else" to be used to solve a mistery. I´ve found several websites where I can set the record and where the geocachers can listen to it in order to solve the mistery. But I want a "direct" site without commercials e.g. vocaroo.

Thanks for your help

If you want to store the file for free, you will also get ads, restrictions, and ever-changing storage plans (including the loss of free storage).  "Free" comes with strings attached.  One way to have an audio file online that plays on a variety of systems is to make it an MP3 file and place it onto a web-accessible folder, like I did with Schnippi:  https://coord.info/GC8TJ1P.  I have a hosted web site, and even these will change over time (price going way up, reliability going down).  I'm on my fifth web host.  But it's nice to be able to put a file online without ads or other issues.

Some people used "Google Drive" for these files.  Beware of changes to the service.  Unless it's a small file, it becomes a chore to download.  For a long audio file, "streaming" can be suitable, but of course that requires a fancier server setup.

Because so many cachers can't even play web tunes in the field, my sound file is optional, not necessary to find the cache.

Edited by kunarion