Large number of MIA Travel bugs in Knoxville area

DavidMac

From watching a number of caches around Knoxville, TN, there have been many logs lately that report missing Travel Bugs (examples are Rastas Exploritorium, Douglas Lake, and Going to Gatlinburg with 4 missing!)

On visits to a few of these caches, I have noticed that we have several cachers who sign the logbook, and sometimes even tell that they take a TB, but never log on the website. I know of one group who identify themselves as the "cool cachers" who I have found in several logbooks, but cannot seem to find any info on their profile on the website. I have also seen logs by someone named something like "KBtrex" (can't remember the name exactly but it was something like that...) who have taken bugs without logging them. I'm hgoping there's some way to get in touch with these folks and let them know to properly log the bugs. I have placed a note on the webpage on one of my nearby caches hoping to catch people's attention ( Sunken Bridge ). Any other thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by someonenameddave:

I have also seen logs by someone named something like "KBtrex" (can't remember the name exactly but it was something like that...) who have taken bugs without logging them.

The name was KYtrex and as for logging travel bugs, I took this bug from the Knoxville cache "Trailside at Morningside" on March 28th and placed it in a cache in Lexington, KY on April 2nd. Not only did I log the bug both times, I also placed it within a few days. For the record, I have never taken a bug from anywhere without logging it, although I am guilty of sometimes keeping one longer than I should have.

Thank you,

KYtrex

-----------------

Do it today because tomorrow it may be illegal.

[This message was edited by KYtrex on April 07, 2003 at 05:23 PM.]

Oh, no, this was in a different cache ( the new Cache Treb ), where a mysterious "second finder" took a bug. The name I saw was not KYtrex ( I had heard of that nickname and at the time I was at the logbook remembered that this was NOT the same person who visited the cache) The name was similar, but not anyone I had heard of before-- sorry for the confusion!

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

No problem. I happened to be in the Knoxville area recently and I just happened to log that I was taking a travel bug. My user name and the bug snatchers names are very close. You can see where I thought you might have been thinking of me. I guess you could say that I resembled that remark icon_biggrin.gif.

Peace from Kentucky,

KYtrex

-----------------

Do it today because tomorrow it may be illegal.

Okay, on a recent trip to a cache I figureed out the source of the name confusion... a cacher nicknamed "KXBaldo", very similar, was the finder. I emailed them a note to remind them. since I can understand if someone gets caught up and forgets less important things like logging TBs. Not to place balme on a single person, the issue is that this is seemingly atarting to become more common.

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.