Anyone in Western Tennessee?

RCosgrove

There are a large number of GeoCachers in the MidSouth area. This may be a good time for us to get together and meet the "other fools" who like to go searching in the woods.

A partial listing of GeoCachers who have been active in the area in the past year or so is:

Bitbrain * Goldberry * RCosgrove * Sonoma * Salvo * JamieZ * Geekboy * Sivad * MarkJ * Jentilla * Take A Hike * Pbaskind * Southpaw * Mustard Devil * Jim Carroll * Boatis * Feros Family * Imogene * 4musketters * K9-8 & cateyes * Worldtraveler * Cheesegang * Twodogcrew * Tprescott * Scully * Bigethespe * Tafische * Adfischer * Snoburd * Rxprt88 * Movinfr8 * Geonecht * Twreb * Whitedogpack * Centurion * N22T * Mutt Explorers * Wskitche * Quercus * Hannah's parents * 3 Monkeys * many others...

If you know any of these folks, let them know we may be trying to put together a Picnic-type gathering soon.

We'll probably attempt to send out an e-mail/invitation sort of thing as well.

Your comments & suggestions are welcomed.

Count us in. There will be @12 of us -if we all can make it (older kids work, and the mid-younger ones do a lot of church work). icon_biggrin.gif

I think I remember seeing the necessary setups for a picnic day at the lake just east and south of the main parking lot on the point.

Gil could you verify that on your upcoming visit to Lake Parson's? icon_smile.gif

Count us in. There will be @12 of us -if we all can make it (older kids work, and the mid-younger ones do a lot of church work). icon_biggrin.gif

I think I remember seeing the necessary setups for a picnic day at the lake just east and south of the main parking lot on the point.

Gil could you verify that on your upcoming visit to Lake Parson's? icon_smile.gif

Herb Parson's Lake looks like a good spot. Lots of open spaces, picnic tables, grills, trails, one active cache & another that's waiting to be archived.

I'm toying with the idea of placing a few micros out there -- all within a mile hike of the picnic area -- and not giving out the coordinates until the gathering.

Any suggestions for a date? Once we have that, I think we can start contacting people & letting them know what we're planning.

-Gil

Herb Parsons Lake is a great meeting place. Let's coordinate a hunt- something interesting besides standard single caches. A REALLY hard one would be good, and a bunch of micros, and some that kids can find without a GPS by following clues on a treasure map. Just some ideas.

Looks like this is going to come off, yes? Do you think we should nominate someone to handle communications, activities, and logistics - three people perhaps?

I'll do any of those.

The Cosgroves

Rossville, Tennessee USA

I nominate Rob for the Activities coordinator! Looks like you've got some good ideas for it.

I'd like to handle communications if that's alright with y'all. I know my posts on my cache finds aren't nearly as detailed as JamieZ's, but...

I'll go out to the lake this evening and talk to the folks who seem to run the place to make sure we won't be overstepping our bounds. If they're OK with it, I suppose we can move ahead with date selection and more detailed planning.

As for logistics... Hmmm... Anybody want to jump in on that?

We are clear to proceed with our plans according to my conversation with the man (forgot to get his name) who runs the park.

We can't 'reserve' tables or the pavilion -- they're on a first-come, first-served basis -- but I haven't seen them very crowded lately.

When I mentioned placing caches around the trail, he just wanted to make sure I knew it was 8 miles around... :-)