GPS Pouch

Guest genegarris

Guest genegarris

Has anyone made a pouch for their GPS? I have a Garmin eTrex and am very afraid that the screen will end up super scratched without some protection.

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what to use as a GPS "glove"

I have a neoprene carrier for my cell phone and it works well protecting the phone.

Any suggestions?

Most units either come with or can be upgraded with a belt carrier. My Garmin 12XL came with one. It's just a typical gps shaped pouch with a zippered top and a belt loop for carrying on your hip.

The 12XL is a very rugged, waterproof unit, so I rarely need to enclose it, but another option those of us in the rainy PNW use to protect various instruments, is to place them in a ziplock freezer baggie to protect them from the elements and from scratches.

Matt www.gpscache.com

There is an official eTrex carrying case. My friend just had his delivered and it's pretty durable.

Amazon has it for $14.95. It's called the Garmin Carry Case for Etrex and Summit (link to Amazon). The plastic screen cover is nice and they keep the buttons accessable on the sides.

Jeremy

[This message has been edited by jeremy (edited 01-19-2001).]