Tennessee Geocachers Association

Guest Joe Armstrong

Guest Joe Armstrong

I went to a start up geo asso. in Huntsville a few weeks ago to see how they did it and I am going the GA Geo Asso. reg Meeting on Jan 12th to see what there goals are in there asso.

JoGPS

[This message has been edited by Joe Armstrong (edited 20 December 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Joe Armstrong (edited 20 December 2001).]

Guest BLOODANGEL86

id be interested

------------------

The childrens' nursery rhyme 'Ring-a-Round-The-Rosies' actually refers to the Black Death which killed about 30 million people in the fourteenth-century.

Guest Markwell

ana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BLOODANGEL86:

The childrens' nursery rhyme 'Ring-a-Round-The-Rosies' actually refers to the Black Death which killed about 30 million people in the fourteenth-century.

I hate to burst bubbles like this, but other than Geocaching, another interest of mine is Urban Legends and debunking them. No one is stealing kidneys from unsuspecting traveling salesmen and Madylin Murray O'Hare is not trying to get "Touched By and Angel" off the air.

I hate to do this but Click Here.

------------------

Markwell

My Geocache Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by BLOODANGEL86:

I hate to burst bubbles like this, but other than Geocaching, another interest of mine is Urban Legends and debunking them. No one is stealing kidneys from unsuspecting traveling salesmen and Madylin Murray O'Hare is not trying to get "Touched By and Angel" off the air.

------------------

Markwell

My Geocache Page

Guest mtn-man

Creating an association is very easy. We have developed a guideline in GA that I can email to you guys if you are interested. Just send me an email. I can send you a word document. You are doing one fo the first things you need to do... sending out a feeler to see how much interest you can get. It sounds like you are getting a good initial response going. Good Luck.

mtn-man from the GGA

(Georgia Geocachers Assn)

WARNING! OFF TOPIC POST! PROCEED WITH CAUTION! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I LOVE Snopes, but it isnt always accurate. I've corrected them on a few already.

This case is still up in the air, as far as I'm concerned. I recently went to a famous museum that is running an exibit on medical history. They presented as much "proof" that this was probably a true fact, as Snopes presents to disprove it.

WARNING! OFF TOPIC POST! PROCEED WITH CAUTION! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I LOVE Snopes, but it isnt always accurate. I've corrected them on a few already.

This case is still up in the air, as far as I'm concerned. I recently went to a famous museum that is running an exibit on medical history. They presented as much "proof" that this was probably a true fact, as Snopes presents to disprove it.

Guest Markwell

quote:

wats ur latin say?

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt.

Non=not

omnes= similar to omnipotent (meaning all knowing) or omnibus (vehicle that goes all places), so can derive "All"

vagi= similar to vagabond or wanderer

perditi= similar to peridition, meaning "Loss of the soul" - being "lost."

sunt= is, are

Literal, without changing syntax...

"Not all wanderers lost are."

Correct the syntax:

"Not all those who wander are lost."

icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Markwell

My Geocache Page

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 28 December 2001).]

Guest Markwell

quote:

wats ur latin say?

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt.

Non=not

omnes= similar to omnipotent (meaning all knowing) or omnibus (vehicle that goes all places), so can derive "All"

vagi= similar to vagabond or wanderer

perditi= similar to peridition, meaning "Loss of the soul" - being "lost."

sunt= is, are

Literal, without changing syntax...

"Not all wanderers lost are."

Correct the syntax:

"Not all those who wander are lost."

icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Markwell

My Geocache Page

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 28 December 2001).]

Guest murrcat

Hikenit, we're having an organizational meeting on Sunday , Feb. 24 at 2:00 at Edwin Warner Park, Shelter #7. Your are urged to attend if you are interested. Check out the cache page id# 14030. We've had one meeting so far that was very successful with about 19 in attendance. Hope you can make it.

Guest cachestashfever

I have never geocached before. In fact, I just found out about it yesterday and am so gunned up to go get a gps that I can't stand it!

I was wondering if this meeting would be a waste of time for me or a good introduction to geocaching even though I have not yet purchased my gps?

I have never even USED a gps icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by cachestashfever (edited 19 February 2002).]

Guest cachestashfever

I have never geocached before. In fact, I just found out about it yesterday and am so gunned up to go get a gps that I can't stand it!

I was wondering if this meeting would be a waste of time for me or a good introduction to geocaching even though I have not yet purchased my gps?

I have never even USED a gps icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by cachestashfever (edited 19 February 2002).]

Guest sbell111

Come to the meeting!

It should be very beneficial for you as you will be able to discuss the mechanics of using a GPSr and hear some of the war stories from the old timers.

You will probably also have the opportunity to join other cachers on a hunt. This will allow you to make sure you like geocaching before you pay for a GPSr.

See you there!

[This message has been edited by sbell111 (edited 21 February 2002).]