Any San Antonio geocachers?

Guest bpuetz

Guest cybersanford

Hi, Idon't live in San Antonio but I have a weekend place at Canyon Lake, We have just found this sport and am going tomorrow here in Houston to TRY and locate a cache or two. We have been discussing when we come to the Lake , to bring a cache or two and hide near the lake or near New Braunsfels, We will if it helps you maybe get closer to San Antonio. See ya, Mark, Sorry I have a Starbucks here so I better not drive that far just yet, bye

Guest bpuetz

Mark, I'm still waiting on my GPS unit, so it will be a short while before I can do any seeking. I will definitely have a go at yours when I can. That is, assuming I can figure out how to use my GPS when I get it! Good luck, and enjoy!

Guest Hunter

Starbucks in San Antonio over Easter wkend for a Latte. Thought you folks in TX just boiled your coffee in old tin cans. Hey Mark..how far to the gulf from San Antonio?? Gonna bering the ETrex, but heard there is a new Etrex coming out any day now. I sure hope TX does not turn into a vacation blunder. Whats the temp gonna be??

Guest bpuetz

Naw, we gave up the tin cans years ago, after Starbucks finally built hitchin' posts out front.

The Gulf is a bit of a hike from San Antonio, about 175 miles to Padre Island. But there's lots to do in San Antonio, and Austin is a lot of fun, and just an hour or so away. There's rafting down the Guadalupe, lots of hiking, etc. if you need help with ideas or planning, drop me a note at bill@puetz.com.

I have the new eTrex Vista on order and hope to have it before Easter. We may be heading to Pensacola for Easter, but if not would enjoy getting together.

Unless it is July or August, Texas is never a vacation blunder, IMHO. There is an unlimited number of things to do and see, and the weather is usually superb this time of year, although it has been a bit colder than usual lately. But the high will be 88 tomorrow, and you should expect low to mid 80's for your stay. If you're a golfer, bring your sticks!

Bill